Anyone else noticing a trend among many in creating Web sites that are over-the-top glurgey and kountry kitschy?
Some signs of a truly glurgely Web site seem to include:
1) A page devoted to the owner's cats
2) Lots of stock clip art
3) Flowery background and graphics
4) Very long pages
5) Forced background MIDI
6) Poetry, usually sappy
7) "Christ Jesus" mentioned several times
8) Tons of oversized, poorly designed "awards," most equally flowery
9) Lots of links to equally glurgey Web sites
10) Creator is typially a woman in the Southern United States, in a low-paying occupation i.e. daycare, home healthcare aide
11) Mentioning unicorns, angels, or some other new agey manifestation of good.
Here's a few examples ...
What's the glurgiest Web site out there? Is there really a book, or another Web site, or some source out there that is actually promoting this type of design?
By the way, I feel that I should mention that Cyburbia was not recently given these awards.