Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Summer of 2005 Movie Thread

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

Summer of 2005 Movie Thread

We all love movies... (I hope) not the same movies though. This weekend the GF might to and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I also plan to see Wedding Crashers at some point as well. I hear that this new "Wonka" movie will be closer to the book from the last one, and I hear it is a getting great reviews.

It seems that there are a lot of movies coming out this year... Star Wars, Hitchhikers Guide, Marching with the Penguins, and more!

What movies do you want to see, what have you watched, and what are your thoughts on some of the 2005 summer movies?
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Mr and Mrs. Smith...LOVED it...then again, two hottest people on earth for 2 hours...not sure they had to do anything but stand there

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Batman Begins, the Fantastic 4 and the Wedding Crashers are on my list. I may knock a couple of them out tomorrow with the "2 for 1 sale"
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by the north omaha star
    Batman Begins, the Fantastic 4 and the Wedding Crashers are on my list. I may knock a couple of them out tomorrow with the "2 for 1 sale"
    Batman Begins, was actually suprisingly good, especailyl considering teh other "prequel" that is out now.
    A bit cheesy, but pretty good.

Don't erally have anything I want to see, it will depend on how hot is is for teh rest of the summer.

Now that I have a DVD player at home will probably end up watching more movies.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Wow I'm totally out of what's on the cinemas now... last time I went to one was.... around March.... and I already forgot what I saw... well I remember I was with my girlfriend so I don't care what I "saw"

I've seen some other older movies though... but not in a cinema... I saw The incredibles, Office Space and Goodbye Lenin! recently though....

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Not a big movie guy, but I would like to see Wedding Crashers, and maybe War of the Worlds. But I hardly ever go out to movies, and it is mostly the GF that watches them at home.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith = pretty good and worth the money
    Batman Begins = best of the recent batman series; not all cartoonish; worth the money
    Fantastic 4 = horribly disappointing
    War of the Worlds = left a lot to be desired; hold out for a discount theater/cinema

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm a movie snob, so it's no secret that I have been terribly disappointed with this summer's offerings. I am looking forward to Michael Moore's Traverse City Film Fest at the end of this month, though. If I only see one or two movies there, I will certainly feel better.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Want to see Batman and Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

Only movie I've seen this summer is Star Wars (3 times).
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Movie Review Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 667
    Last post: 30 Dec 2013, 4:31 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 21 Jul 2006, 6:07 PM
  3. The Greatest Moments of Summer 2005!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 10 Sep 2005, 11:39 PM