Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I need to get this out-

  1. #1
    Cyburbian Habanero's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,662

    I need to get this out-

    so bear with me please.

    if a project is fine sitting on someone's desk for over 20 days it should not be dropped on mine and expected to get a full review by all departments and a memo written in 2 hours because of someone's stomach needs a window to see what's on their desk. Also, if major GP amendments come in they should be reviewed within 24 hours for completeness, as is our policy, not assigned nearly a month later, incomplete no less, and expected to get a full review, public hearing docs, and a memo written in a week because someone's "brain just isn't here today" (it's not been showing up for nearly 3 years now).

    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

  2. #2
         
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Keith County, Nebraska
    Posts
    150
    Done feel bad, had a boss like that once who didn't know **** about planning or design.

  3. #3
    Imagine what'll be waiting for you when you get back from maternity leave

    I just got back after surgical leave and now the co-workers are starting to fess up about what went on around here while I was gone. Things that shouldn't have waited for me did and the like. I sympathize with you for sure.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

  4. #4
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally posted by Habanero
    so bear with me please.

    if a project is fine sitting on someone's desk for over 20 days it should not be dropped on mine and expected to get a full review by all departments and a memo written in 2 hours because of someone's stomach needs a window to see what's on their desk. Also, if major GP amendments come in they should be reviewed within 24 hours for completeness, as is our policy, not assigned nearly a month later, incomplete no less, and expected to get a full review, public hearing docs, and a memo written in a week because someone's "brain just isn't here today" (it's not been showing up for nearly 3 years now).

    ughgughguh, girl that just sucks. Obviously you have a policy in place for application review, do these things get "registered" or anything when they come in? Could Support Staff help at all in tracking applications?? I know no one wants to do that but if its ongoing...

  5. #5
    Cyburbian abrowne's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,584
    That's it, you need to kick some ass and project an aura of "I will rip your face off!" Heads on pikes will do nicely. Think Apocalypse Now. When they come to you prattle on like Marlon Brando about them being little grocery clerks sent to run an errand.

  6. #6
    Cyburbian Emeritus Chet's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    South Milwaukee
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    Imagine what'll be waiting for you when you get back from maternity leave
    .
    Hee! I was gonna post (okay I am posting) a comment along the lines of, "Gee those pregnancy hormones are RAGING today!"

    *(hides)*

  7. #7
    Cyburbian Habanero's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    Hee! I was gonna post (okay I am posting) a comment along the lines of, "Gee those pregnancy hormones are RAGING today!"

    *(hides)*
    LOL, it's no secret the baby makes me angry. LOL Well, not so much angry as I have a lack of patience with someone being totally inept. It's bad enough most items coming from that office have coffee stains on them, I don't need to get them dirty and late. The projects are tracked and then the coffee stainer lies about either when they got them, who they were given to, or where they may have gone. Then, if you ask for review time, that person acts like you've said, "I cannot do my job" when what you've really said is, "this needs a full review and will take me 24 hours".
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

  8. #8
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    coffee stains..ggeeezzzz...
    I am the most unorganized person (yes I have to admit this) and even I wouldn't forward paperwork on with coffee stains...grrr
    This must be a "boss/supervisor" if you are having to put up with crap like that...just think, a few more months and you get to ge tout of there for a bit!! (I know, the work will still be there, but at least you have something else to look forward to )

    Jax looking on the bright side

  9. #9
    Cyburbian Habanero's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    Jax looking on the bright side
    No doubt, I won't be worrying about coffee stains at all!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

  10. #10
         
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally posted by Habanero
    No doubt, I won't be worrying about coffee stains at all!
    LOL your right..its gonna be spit up and baby goo Congrats again and enjoy the weekend off!!

+ Reply to thread