Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Lance wins number 7! What will he do now?

  1. #1
    Cyburbian michaelskis's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Posts
    11,922

    Lance wins number 7! What will he do now?

    Well, now that Lance has won 7 Tour De Lanceís what do you think will be his plans now. With a guy like Lance, I donít think that he will just sit home doing nothing. I think that he will go on to be a motivational speaker, write a book, and become a roadie for his wife.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

  2. #2
    Cyburbian PlannerByDay's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the bike lane
    Posts
    1,827
    Awesome, I watched as much of the Tour as I could and learned a lot about actually how difficult it is in terms of strategy. I saw an interview with lance last night and the interviewer asked him what he thought of politics and he indicated that as something he might consider.

    Also, If you notices he was wearing a hat that said "10//02" I asked Mrs. PBD if she know what that was and she said it was when he first found out he had cancer and that was going the be the name of a new line of clothing.

    I too think he will be a motivational speaker and advocate for cancer research.

    Lastly, I think Lance and Sheryl are just dating.

  3. #3
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,958
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Well, now that Lance has won 7 Tour De Lanceís what do you think will be his plans now. With a guy like Lance, I donít think that he will just sit home doing nothing. I think that he will go on to be a motivational speaker, write a book, and become a roadie for his wife.
    He's already "written" 2 books(the second is almost unreadable it is so bad) and having seen him speak, he is not very motivating. I had cancer, now I win bike races, you've read my book you know my story was the extent of it.

    From reports, the first thing he wants to do is build a stone retaining wall in his garden. He's avoided doign it this year as it would change his muscle tone.(seriously)
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  4. #4
    Cyburbian ricepg's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    45
    These guys live like monks for years, watching everything that they eat and drink. I race bikes and I have a hard time watching what I eat and drink. So, if I was him the first thing I would do is go somewhere and stuff my face with every piece of food that I had to do without for years. I personally like to see retired pro racers who put on about 30 pounds in retirement.

  5. #5
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,958
    Quote Originally posted by ricepg
    I personally like to see retired pro racers who put on about 30 pounds in retirement.
    Like eddie or lemond?

    Recently, Eddie was obese(he's lost most of the weight now) and Lemond's enjoyment of ice cream in the off season is infamous
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  6. #6
    Cyburbian michaelskis's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Posts
    11,922
    Quote Originally posted by ricepg
    These guys live like monks for years, watching everything that they eat and drink. I race bikes and I have a hard time watching what I eat and drink. So, if I was him the first thing I would do is go somewhere and stuff my face with every piece of food that I had to do without for years. I personally like to see retired pro racers who put on about 30 pounds in retirement.
    I hear that he will have a 'cold one'
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

  7. #7
    Cyburbian abrowne's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,584
    He's probably going to say hello to his stable of midgets, or somthing. Who cares?

  8. #8
    Cyburbian nerudite's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    5,502
    My answer to the question on the thread title is "Sheryl Crow". Duh.

  9. #9
    Cyburbian jread's avatar
    Registered
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    739
    I'm personally kind of glad. I live in Austin, so everything is "Lance this" and "Lance that". You should see all the cyclists around here wearing yellow jerseys. I'm glad for him and he has accomplished a lot, but I'll be happy to not hear about it so much anymore.

    My fiancee can't stand him. Her first reason is that he cheated on his original wife. Her second reason is that she was looking for a speaker to come to her company's annual picnic, and while I don't remember how much it was, Lance's fee to come speak was completely outrageous. It was double the price for much more well-known celebrities. She was like, "Who in the **** does he this he is?!??"

  10. #10
    Cyburbian ricepg's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    45
    Like eddie or lemond
    Exactly. I heard that Armstrong's coach Chris Charmichael took a jab at Lemond yesterday after the finish by saying that Armstrong won't put on alot of weight like some other retired cyclist (ouch).

    I also heard him say before that he was going to have a "cold one". Can't blame him for that. I tend to have one after each of my rides lately, as hot as it has been

  11. #11
    Cyburbian donk's avatar
    Registered
    Sep 2001
    Location
    skating on thin ice
    Posts
    6,958
    Quote Originally posted by jread
    I'm personally kind of glad. I live in Austin, so everything is "Lance this" and "Lance that". You should see all the cyclists around here wearing yellow jerseys. I'm glad for him and he has accomplished a lot, but I'll be happy to not hear about it so much anymore.

    My fiancee can't stand him. Her first reason is that he cheated on his original wife. Her second reason is that she was looking for a speaker to come to her company's annual picnic, and while I don't remember how much it was, Lance's fee to come speak was completely outrageous. It was double the price for much more well-known celebrities. She was like, "Who in the **** does he this he is?!??"
    Considering it costs 10K to go for a ride with him, I can imagine his speaking feee.
    http://outside.away.com/outside/dest...t-trips_9.html

    I've read this number can go as high as $25k per person....

    Since everyone agrees Lance is a great time trialist, I'd like to see him go for the athlete's hour record, then there could be a true comparision to eddy and the other greats of the sport.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

  12. #12
    Cyburbian nuovorecord's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    Considering it costs 10K to go for a ride with him, I can imagine his speaking feee.
    http://outside.away.com/outside/dest...t-trips_9.html

    I've read this number can go as high as $25k per person....

    Since everyone agrees Lance is a great time trialist, I'd like to see him go for the athlete's hour record, then there could be a true comparision to eddy and the other greats of the sport.
    Are those large speaking fees going to the Lance Armstrong Foundation, or directly into Lance's pocket? If it's the former, I'd say that they're justified.

    Lance is far from perfect. From what I've read, he can be a real p***k, and I'm sure he's no picnic to live with. But that attitude probably has everything to do with the fact that he's alive today, to say nothing of being a seven-time consecutive winner of the most difficult sporting event on the planet. Lance has had to fight for everything he has, including his life. There's no way most people can ever understand what he has gone through.

    Personally, I'd like to see how he fares in the political arena. He has a story that most people can relate to in one way or another...the ultimate Comeback Kid. Plus, he has a unique perspective on the healthcare issue in America. When he was diagnosed with cancer, he had NO medical insurance. Oakley Sunglasses (who sponsored Lance at the time and currently) finagaled a way for him to be covered under their policy. Without that, the story could have had a very different ending. The makings of a pretty impressive stump speech?
    "There's nothing wrong with America that can't be fixed by what's right with America." - Bill Clinton.

  13. #13
    Cyburbian btrage's avatar
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    6,410
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHH

    Stupid Lance!!!!!
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

  14. #14
    Cyburbian Brocktoon's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Promoting synergies...
    Posts
    3,558
    I wonder what will happen to Live Strong?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

  15. #15
    Cyburbian michaelskis's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Posts
    11,922
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I wonder what will happen to Live Strong?
    Note... this comment is intended to be sarcastic...

    Maybe it will become "Live Juiced"
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

  16. #16
    Cyburbia Administrator Dan's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    14,513
    Blog entries
    3
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Well, now that Lance has won 7 Tour De Lanceís what do you think will be his plans now.
    I think he'll have a ball!

    Thank you. Try the veal.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 31
    Last post: 15 Jan 2013, 5:43 PM
  2. Cyburbia wins ZiPLeR Award!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 19 Nov 2009, 4:45 PM
  3. Governator Wins Budget Battle
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 19 Sep 2008, 6:05 PM
  4. The Lance Effect
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Jul 2004, 2:35 PM
  5. #4 for Lance and the USPS Team
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 31 Jul 2002, 7:02 PM