Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Silly Viking

Registered
    Dec 1998

Silly Viking

How many times can someone viking before it gets to be counterproductive to the draft?
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    It's always going to be a problem....unfortunately, we just have to deal with it as best we can.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 2003
    The South Divisionís draft is moving at a slower rate due to vikings. As a courtesy to the other teams, those who know that they wonít be around to select in a timely fashion should PM a list of potential picks to the Commish and/or a proxy. However, this hasnít been occurring and the draft slows down big-time.

Thus, I suggest that the current draft rules be amended to include the additional rule: Only one viking is allowed. If more than one viking occurs for a team, that team forfeits its next round pick.

Thoughts? Thanks.
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Jul 1998
    We just need to get through one more round and the clock is cut in half. That will speed things up.
    ďAs soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fallĒ
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Big Easy King
    Thus, I suggest that the current draft rules be amended to include the additional rule: Only one viking is allowed. If more than one viking occurs for a team, that team forfeits its next round pick.

Thoughts? Thanks.
    We can't just change rules midstream....we have to go with what has been agreed upon. I understand the frustration (since I'm drafting in both leagues).....but the clock reduction will help.

And I'd never vote that more than one VIKING equals a forfeited pick. That's just unfair. The problem could be as simple as someone's internet connection being down....I know I've had that issue come up in the past, and there's not much I could have done about it.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I can understand things happening beyond your control and in the grand scheme of things, the CFFL is minor. But, maybe for next season, we can add a rule that no more than 3 Viking picks are allowed? Afterwards, you forfeit your turn to pick.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 18 Aug 2008, 10:32 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last post: 31 Jul 2008, 12:18 PM
  3. silly me
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 24 Jul 2003, 9:53 PM