Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Cyburbia:On Cydonia

Cyburbia:On Cydonia

Hello.
    I became a member here to present what is usually an uncomfortable subject.
    To have the members here seriously discuss the possibility of an off-world former civilisation.

Cydonia.

Cydonia Mensae is a region on the planet Mars that exhibits indications of artificial
    structures,and I wish to bring Evidence to this forum and its members to analyse certain,curious and peculiar anomalies that are not readily explained by geology,
    yet may be recognised by the Science involved in Urban Design.

Trust me,I know how this sounds to You(Mars???) but who else can I turn to?
    I have been patiently trying to backwards engineer the Urban Substrate that is evidenced in this enigmatic region,and require assistance.
    Please humor me.

My tenative theory evoled from past research of others and will be presented as discussion and debate,as it is not a complete theory ,because data is arriving too fast to assimilate it all.
    The data that is available as of this opening post(August 7/20050,will be primary to discussion,but reservations are made for NEW information as time goes on.

Here is what I would like to discuss,if I have your leave.
    Indications of Urban design and monumental structures.
    Ancient ruins that require a closer look?
    I am also aware this may not be the correct forum...but I note this forum is provided to discuss"Specific" cities.Though not proven(Cydonia),
    still with mounting evidence...it is not disproven either.There may be ancient cities on Mars,I hope to illustrate why I believe this is so for Cydonia specifically,not only possible but bordering likely.

Here is the Control,that radiates outwards and binds the regions mysteries.
    It is dubbed by myself:"The SQUARE Complex"

http://home.1asphost.com/jacobsladder/sqaure.gif
    Moderator note:
    Hotlinked image replace with url

With this Square all others align.

Again.
    This is Mars
    I hope to interest you enough to at the very least...look.

-Clayton Spencer Ireland
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2005 at 7:05 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    What the hell? This post is just wierd enough to show up on my radar. Ok, first I'm confortable with the fact that we may not be alone in the universe, and that ours is not the only narrow combination of chemicals, light, gravity, time, and water that may produce life. So, give it to us bub. What do you have besides an animated graphic (Mod Note: Posting these is frowned upon here)?

BWT, This place is full of photo shoppers, so the diagram does little to make your case. You need to get specific and verifiable in order to make any headway here.
    How about a scale? How about a link to a NASA photo showing the original photo?

Thre Truth is Out There!*

* And its very likely quite booring.

To aid the members here,as concept and as a visualisation exercise,
    I have a perfect analog on Earth to compare to Cydonia.

This analog is the District of Columbia.
    Or,rather Washington D.C.
    Hopefully as this thread progresses,the Design members will note the startling similarities.
    Between My Square and George's Square...
    here is an space shuttle view of washington D.C. for starters.

http://home.1asphost.com/jacobsladde...impervious.jpg
    Moderator note:
    hotlinked image replaced with url

El Guapo,Hello!
    Sir,as this thread is merely begun,may I ask that I am allowed a certain latitude of
    freedom for the immediate interim?
    I have your interest,thank you.
    May I (for a short interval of a day or two)progress with presentation?
    I provide all ancillary data and hide nothing,I actually reveal what is concealed.
    Humor me.
    I discovered the SQUARE complex in Cydonia from NASA/JPL/ASU "Themis"image #I01723003

http://themis-data.asu.edu/img/I01723003

and Subsequently found a better image that actually proves itself,if you allow possible artificiality.
    This is the MASTER IMAGE
    that all research is based around.
    Themis Image #IO1024002

http://themis-data.asu.edu/img/I01024002

May you also note that the Square Complex is skewed 33.3 degrees from the cardinal North.

Pardon me.
    Themis is an instrument on the Mars Odessey Orbiter

http://themis.asu.edu/
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2005 at 7:06 PM.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    I'm all about spawning interest in the likelihood of life existing on other planets somewhere in the universe. I can't get a decent look at your photo though, because those damn red lines keep coming up. Frankly, I don't see anything particularly noteworthy. I think you may be doing the topographical equivalent of looking up to the stars and seeing what is commonly referred to as the "big dipper". If we can ever get a Mars mission together, maybe we can check it out.
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Is that the sasquatch's foot print in the lower right corner?

But in all seriousness, how do the canals of mars enter into your theories?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

dobopoq
    Hello.
    I have provided the information in my last post,in case you missed it.
    (as well...location and ancillary is also there)
    and you can view the Square Complex to your hearts desire
    without the animation.***BTW that is MY animation,imperative to this discussion***

If I may Quote you.
    dobopoq QUOTE:
    ============================================================
    " I think you may be doing the topographical equivalent of looking up to the stars

http://home.1asphost.com/jacobsladde..._the_stars.jpg
    Moderator note:

and seeing what is commonly referred to as the "big dipper".
    If we can ever get a Mars mission together, maybe we can check it out.
    ============================================================
    If I gather enough evidence,
    I plan to have NASA do excactly that.
    But that is a decade from now...
    let's stay prescient.
    This discussion will be on topic of analysing urban design possibilities in Cydonia.
    Also note ARES' face is also 33.3 degrees skewed from true North.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2005 at 7:06 PM.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dobopoq
    I'm all about spawning interest in the likelihood of life existing on other planets somewhere in the universe. I can't get a decent look at your photo though, because those damn red lines keep coming up. Frankly, I don't see anything particularly noteworthy. I think you may be doing the topographical equivalent of looking up to the stars and seeing what is commonly referred to as the "big dipper". If we can ever get a Mars mission together, maybe we can check it out.
    If you save it to your hard drive and then save it as a bitmap, that removes the animation. I don't feel like posting a jpeg or something -- perhaps the original poster will be so kind as to post two photos -- one without the lines and one with the lines. A picture without annoying, blinking red lines does suggest a partial outline of a square. Having seen enough old ruins in Europe to know how distorted they become over time, with deterioration, I don't have any problem with the idea that such an unusual shape -- not typically found in nature as far as I know -- could suggest ancient ruins of some kind.

I am not on anyone's side. I am just sensitive to the fact that "weird" ideas are hard enough to discuss without someone being dismissed out of hand for "lack of proof". You can't arrive at "proof" if you can't even talk about it with anyone and many currently accepted ideas were "the lunatic fringe" when they began (Galileo comes to mind).

MZ, who is currently discussing ESP on an e-mail list and how much of it can be scientifically explained in logical terms (ie as something other than "psychic phenomenon") and how much of it cannot.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Where do I sign up for this mission to Mars? If Total Recall is any indicator of what Mars will be like in the future, I'm all for it.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Scince this is based on my research,I have registered two THEMIS images together to provide a context veiw of Cydonia.
    The Square Complex is Bordered in a broad white highlight.

(edited to include my graphic link)
    http://home.1asphost.com/jacobsladde...s%20Layout.jpg

I plan ,over time ,to assist the members in becoming familair with this Northern region of Mars,to properly debate its attributes.
    A crash course to get you up to speed.
    My mind was blown a long time ago...so forgive me if I speak in a tense that is taking this subject for granted.
    As the forum members are initiated into study of this enigma,remember it requires patience.
    I cannot answer everything in a day...so lets allow fluidity for now.
    I will back up everything with evidence.
    This evidence ,in my opinion,is Evidence of Artificiality
    ========================================= -Clay

(donk)the canals have nothing to do with this subject.
    that was Schiaperelli and Lowell...not me.Thanx.

Michele Zone.
    Hello,and nice to meet you.
    I hope this image will suffice:
    http://home.1asphost.com/jacobsladder/Bad4Good-4.jpg
    Moderator note:

***Note rotated 33.3 degrees to level off the Square***

I wish to enter as evidence.
    Knibb's theory.
    It shall allow a template for this discussion to properly assess HOW a layout is formulated,
    and from there,ascertain what I have promulgated.

http://www.library.cornell.edu/Reps/DOCS/knibbs.htm

I have spent years of thought on this subject and hope to intrigue the members enough to allot a spare moment of your time towards this subject.
    There is NO hurry,Patience.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2005 at 7:08 PM. Reason: triple reply

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Electric_Ashalar
    Hello.
    I became a member here to present what is usually an uncomfortable subject.
    To have the members here seriously discuss the possibility of an off-world former civilisation.....
    Skink - Is that you? Have you been smoking bad toad again?

RichmondJake.???
    I don't know who you refer to?(Skink)
    Hi.
    My name is Clayton Spencer Ireland
    My son,Jacob(july 23/1994)
    is as close as I can get to Richmondality,Sir.
    I allow in my threads to no small degree ---humour.
    Have your jocundity and return to the topic.
    Evidence of Artificiality in Cydonia Mensae.

Because its cool.
    Wayyyyyyy cool.

Registered
    May 2003
    It looks very euclidean. That must be why they're not there anymore. Not enough purposefull walking.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    My mind was blown a long time ago...
    I'm beginning to think that truer words have never been written...

We here at Cyburbia tend to be an articulate and skeptical lot. Much of your "research" seems to be in garbled half-speak that assumes that we'll fall in line when you present your data. While I would be one of the first to believe we are not alone in the universe, you may need to state your case more clearly if you have evidence we're not aware of.

And if I do have Evidence of Artificiality that you are not aware of,and openly present it to you in the confines of this forum,what say you then?
    I have it.
    You're gonna get it.

Problem solved.
    Nice to meet you...patience.

Pete_Rock

Sir,I am not familiar to you.
    But YOU ROCK!!!! Squared.

Here is an study of rocks that will be eluded to and included to:
    Cydonia.
    Just rocks?
    I cast my gaze around all the edifices of my city...what do I see?
    ROCKS.

Polished,and finished,or rough-hewn...I'm no stone-mason but recognise Rocks as integral parts of urban design.

Sir...we're discussing Cydonia...Where are You @?
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2005 at 7:08 PM. Reason: double reply

Registered
    May 2003
    And if I do have Evidence of Artificiality that you are not aware of,and openly present it to you in the confines of this forum,what say you then?
    I'd say I'm not a geologist, nor a hydrologist, and thus not equipped to evaluate your claims. Get it published in a peer-reviewed journal and then I might pay attention.

Cheers!

Jordanb
    Hello.
    If I was a long time member here ,I'd say you are rightfully sceptical
    and not the coward that I percieve.
    If you can't deal with it here ,where can you deal with it?
    I am not your peer.I am your instructor and stand behind what is and what will be presented.
    You seem to have a problem with patience.
    You will either participate or not...
    I hope you correct yourself,I am not your enemy.

Jordanb
    My apologies...
    I've had these battles before and lashed out,but Sir:
    I am intentionaly requesting help from credentialled pro's with urban design skills,if you possess these skills,join in ,if not...You and I waste each others breath

again:
    not your foe.
    Hi!
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2005 at 7:09 PM. Reason: double reply

Registered
    May 2003
    My point is this. You can't talk about rocks with people here and have us be able to tell the difference between fact and bullshit, because we aren't trained in rocks. You could tell us total bullshit and we wouldn't know the difference.

So what scientists do is this, they publish a paper, then they give the paper to other scientists in the field. So if you want to make an argument based on rocks, you'd give your paper to some geologists, and they'd decide if your paper is bullshit or not. That is called "peer review." If the other geologists say that your paper isn't bullshit, then it will get published in a scientific, peer-reviewed journal. If that happens then people like us, who are not equpped to evaluate your claims, because we aren't geologists, can believe you because other experts on rocks have said that your stuff makes sense.

So I say, publish your evidence. If it passes the "peer-review" test, then I'll believe it.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Hey man, good luck on your research, courage on presenting your "interesting" concepts to those who can distinguish between a straight line and a crooked line, and enjoy whatever it is that you are inhaling.

As for this Bear.....I did see solid evidence of creatures from outer space. In fact it was just yesterday (Saturday, 8-6-05), in Kalamazoo, MI. I did not see any footprints or anything.....just some dribbles coming from a Bear's tongue.
    _____

Seriously.....I firmly believe that there is life elsewhere.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Jordanb
    I ask you this:
    you admit no geological credence.
    Fine.
    Are you anyway employed as an Urban Designer?
    or mereley interested in it?past/present
    Say so...I'm not.
    If you cannot claim education in the forum you and I now inhabit.
    Say so.
    I will not be bullied as a new kid on the block...I'll take you to a discrete place of your choosing and thump you.

what lacks in your posts is anything but the topic of CYDONIA.
    get back on topic sir.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Welcome, and....

Moderator note:
    User suspended for image leeching, animated images, and a personal attack. Not off to such a good start.

Terms of service on the site hosting pictures reads: "6.4.12 We do not allow any type of programs, software, or MP3 files on our server. Also hotlinking is not allowed. "

In addition, personal attacks are not tolerated on Cyburbia. Clean up your act when your suspension is over, or face a permanent ban.

User suspended for 1 week on 8/7.

Moderator note:
    Follow-up - User Permanantly banned following moderator discussion based on behavior on other message boards.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 10 Aug 2005 at 8:58 AM.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 08 Mar 2012, 7:33 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 May 2009, 12:44 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last post: 20 Oct 2003, 9:29 AM