Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Economic Enhancement Strategies

Registered
    Mar 2002

Economic Enhancement Strategies

Has anyone undertaken or have a copy of any Ecnonomic Enhancement Strategies completed in their area, I work for a primarily rural Regional Planning Commission, we have been contacted by one of our townships in regard to producing this type of strategy, other larger cities in the region have contracted with Hyett-Palma for their strategies, but, this township cannot afford the services of HP, if anyone has performed anything similar to an ecnomoic enhancement strategy or community assessment, please respond here or email me directly, I would pay the shipping charges incurred to send me a copy of whatever you have. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Jeff Hagan
    EUP Regional Planning & Development Commission
    euprpdc1@up.net

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Let me start by saying that I love your part of the country, travel there often, and even came close to putting together a development in the UP with a friend of mine. I still go past a few places that I would like to take a stab at - incredible opportunities for the right niche.

Economic development planning is a common function, but I would caution, the product is often of very mixed quality. Some firms do it very well, others merely reconstitute what they have done elsewhere and put your community's name on it. I am aware of a couple of firms that work in your area, do good work, and are more affordable than HP. I would be happy to give you some contact names. They should also talk with you about opportunities to defray the cost through state or federal grants.

Go ahead and e-mail me at cardinal@ameritech.net with more of the specifics of what you are hoping to get out of a consultant.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Beyond mitigation. Community Enhancement Funds
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Oct 2012, 4:17 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 26 Jun 2007, 4:12 PM
  3. HUD Neighborhood Revitalization Strategies
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Apr 2004, 11:06 AM