+ Reply to thread

Thread: One ring to bind them all...

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

One ring to bind them all...

Wedding pics are up in the gallery:
    http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/show...ser=19&thumb=1

Honeymoon pics to be posted later (after I weed out the naughty ones).

Thanks for all your best wishes, we had a great day - no wedding horror stories here, although there might have been one if my brother (the best man and bringer of the flowergirls) had been any later getting to the church. He pulled up right ahead of the bridal party. At least there was no waiting around...

We had a fantastic trip for our honeymoon - took the train out east to Halifax. The weather was nice (only rained once, and that was at night), and the seafood awesome. I found a new favourite beer - Garrison Brewing Co. Brown Ale. Unfortunately, I couldn't smuggle any back with me, so...hey jmf - you mentioned you're coming out this way in October, right?

Halifax is a great city. It has a hotel, a liquor store, a drugstore, and a bunch of seafood restaurants. That's about all I remember... Oh yeah, it also has a really good camera store - I blew some of the wedding money on a digital camera. For..uh..."holiday snaps" wink wink nudge nudge

Seriously - the scenery out there was great. You can always tell when a planner is on vacation though..."hang on honey, I want to get a shot of this pedestrian mall..." We made it out to Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg as well - a very nice drive along the coastal highway.

BTW, Donk - I am extremely disappointed. I was all prepared for some sort of ceremony (marching band, etc.) when we rolled through Miramichi. I had a speech all ready and everything. But there wasn't even a single AACIP representive out on the platform to greet me.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Tran - So glad it all went well! Congratulations. But we're glad to have you back.

Kel

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Congratulations and welcome back!
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Garrison is awesome. We will have to talk..I am still planning to go to TO in Oct.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Congrats!

im glad all went off with out a hitch-my sister got the bad luck when when wed on the 31st-but glad to know yours went well

congrats!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I too became fond of Garrison during my honeymoon...though I mostly had the Red.

Did you play any golf while you were there?

Which restaurants did you go to? The one at the ferry station (can't remember the name) in Dartmouth was my wife's (and my) favorite while we were there.

I'll have to scan one of our pics from Peggy's Cove when I get the chance...my wife snapped a pic of me on the lone rainy day next to the "warning" sign on the lighthouse.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    No, I didn't get to play golf on my honeymoon. It would have been logistically impossible to bring along my clubs - unless I had stuck them up my ass as my wife suggested. We didn't have a lot of time out there, so golf was out. I actually left my clubs up north (I did get to play before the wedding).

Restaurants we visited:

Murphy's on the water (as recommended by NHPlanner)
    The Five Fishermen - very nice, upscale
    Salty's - great view of the harbour, from the Halifax side
    The Grand Banker (Lunenburg) - casual, good view of the town
    Hogie's (my introduction to Garrison)

I didn't get to "Economy Shoes", as suggested by Donk. Someone else had also recommended this one to us too... I guess we just couldn't get past the name.

The seafood was outstanding - a huge difference between fresh, and what you get further inland. I think we had seafood every meal (well, not for breakfast) out there. The food on the train was excellent too. And they had Moosehead Premium!

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Tranplanner
    No, I didn't get to play golf on my honeymoon. It would have been logistically impossible to bring along my clubs - unless I had stuck them up my ass as my wife suggested.
    Boy....that sounds familiar! :p

The only reason I got to bring mine along was because we drove, and I packed the car.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by jmf
    Garrison is awesome. We will have to talk..I am still planning to go to TO in Oct.
    How much Garrison can you pack? I looked at the Beer Store website, and it doesn't look like it's available in Ontario...

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Glad to hear you had a good trip. I ended up being out of town for both of your passes through our fair City

I should have contacted you before you left as I was in TO yesterday (monday)

How do you get any work done with all of the eye candy downtown?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by donk
    How do you get any work done with all of the eye candy downtown?
    No comment.

Registered
    Apr 1996

I know it's way late.....

I finally got some of my wedding pics scanned and uploaded.

They're on my personal website (which has a tendancy to be unavailable if too many people visit....damn geocities) if anyone's interested. I feel bad, Tranplanner's wedding was 2 months after mine and he still got pics up before I did....

http://www.geocities.com/crimsonghost58/wedpics.html

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Great pics NH! Lucky bridesmaids!!!! I never got off so easy as them... they didn't have to wear aqua tafetta or anything!

It looked like a beautiful wedding.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Your ring tone(s)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 05 Jun 2012, 1:36 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last post: 07 Aug 2008, 2:57 PM
  3. Let Freedom Ring
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 29