Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Neighborhood Plans

Neighborhood Plans

I am responsible for doing 12 neighborhood plans throughout my city. This is probably a 5-7 year process (I will be long gone by the time it is complete). I have a format (created by my predecessor ) that I have been following, but I believe that there are better ways to do these neighborhood plans. Does anyone have any online examples that you can point me to or plans that that would be willing to e-mail to me? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Visit my web site, http://www.cityofwhitewater.com, and look in the resource library. You should be able to download the Central Area Plan, East Whitewater Neighborhood Plan and West Whitewater Neighborhood Plan. I have some other examples I can send to you (that frankly, may be better). Send me you address and I'll try to get them off to you.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hartford, WI did their plans by neighborhood when I was there. I dont know if they still do. Contact John Spielmann at 262.673.8248.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I just came across something else that may help.

http://www.co.dane.wi.us/plandev/build/communities.htm

Anyone know of good examples of downtown plans?

Thanks for the links - The Whitewater site crashed as I was trying to print one of the plans and now it doesn't seem to be working anymore.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    May 1997
    I don't have any that are suitable for an urban commnuity, but I have seen some very nice neighborhood plans from Salt Lake City. Might try their planning department.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 19
    Last post: 26 Feb 2011, 2:28 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 23 Jul 2008, 8:32 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 29 Jan 2004, 11:32 AM