Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Climate controlled stns and vertical mixed use TOD

  1. #1
    Member
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Irving, Texas
    Posts
    11

    Climate controlled stns and vertical mixed use TOD

    I am looking for pictures and info of climate controlled stations (maybe something from England). Does anyone have any info where I could find them online?

    Also is there a vertical-mixed use TOD. Do you know of any TOD that has vertical mixed use ( ie mixed use built vertically emphasized)? Can anyone explain more abt it?

  2. #2
    maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Location
    Odd-a-wah
    Posts
    6,586
    Quote Originally posted by Urban Adventure
    I am looking for pictures and info of climate controlled stations (maybe something from England). Does anyone have any info where I could find them online?
    I doubt you'll find any examples of climate controlled stations in England. In fact, they have major problems on the deep level "tube" stations whenever it gets hot over there - no A/C and poor ventilation makes for a very uncomfortable journey. I know many Asian cities (Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.) have climate controlled RT stations.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 18 Aug 2005 at 1:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Irving, Texas
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    I doubt you'll find any examples of climate controlled stations in England. In fact, they have major problems on the deep level "tube" stations whenever it gets hot over there - no A/C and poor ventilation makes for a very uncomfortable journey. I know many Asian cities (Singapore, Hong Kong, etc.) have climate controlled RT stations.
    Thanks for the info. the train stns i've looked at all seem to be large scale. Are there any good train stations - rather light rail transit stations of a smaller scale that incorporate climate controlled features?
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 18 Aug 2005 at 1:30 PM.

  4. #4
    Cyburbian safege's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Golden Valley MN
    Posts
    714
    Is this close to what you mean?

    http://www.lsadesigninc.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm

  5. #5
    Member
    Registered
    May 2005
    Location
    Irving, Texas
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally posted by safege
    Absolutely! Thanks!

    Is there any way I could get the climate control features and other details?
    Last edited by Urban Adventure; 22 Aug 2005 at 2:24 PM. Reason: none

  6. #6
    Cyburbian safege's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Golden Valley MN
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally posted by Urban Adventure
    Absolutely! Thanks!

    Is there any way I could get the climate control features and other details?
    I don't have any contacts, I'm afraid.

    I've been in the Robinsdale Hub dozens of times. Never on weekends so I don't know how well the farmers market did. The floor is marble, it has two double door entrances, and two others that are not, a guard's office, restrooms, and a second floor that is not finished, but is that is intended for small retail.

    The Met Council, which runs the bus lines, bought the hub from the city of Robinsdale a few months ago.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

  1. Vertical mixed use buildings in small towns...
    Rural and Small Town Planning
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 30 Apr 2010, 12:59 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 26 Nov 2008, 2:53 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 06 Jun 2006, 12:02 PM
  4. Zoning Controlled use overlay district
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 09 Jul 2004, 8:27 AM
  5. Should we be less vertical?
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 14 Jun 2002, 7:02 PM