Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Continental for Prez 2008

Registered
    Dec 1998

The Continental for Prez 2008

Behold, the continuing infiltration of Hollywood into politics......

"Our great country is in a terrible downward spiral. We're outsourcing jobs, bankrupting social security, and losing lives at war. We need to focus on what's important-- paying attention to our children, our citizens, our future. We need to think about improving our failing educational system, making better use of our resources, and helping to promote a stable, safe, and tolerant global society. It's time to be smart about our politics. It's time to get America back on track."
    - from the Christopher Walken for President 2008 website - http://www.walken2008.com/index.html

Apparently, he's not affliliated with any party, nor does he have his platform established yet. I'm curious to see how his campaign pans out in the next couple of years. If Ronnie did it, so can the Continental.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Wow... ummm yea. We know this about his political views... He is for campaign finance reform, pro military, and pro stem cell.

What are this thoughts on Taxes, Abortion, Medical Care, Urban Redevelopment, The War, Human Rights, Church and State, Information Sharing, Home Land Security, Congressional Spending, Foreign Relations, Wal – Mart, NATO, the UN, Social Reform, Legalizing and regulating Marijuana, illegal immigrants, and Transportation Spending.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella
    If Ronnie did it, so can the Continental.
    He'd be the best president to listen to ever. I would tune in for every single address His rhythm and vocabulary is something out of this world.

He also has the ability to psychically predict trival events, such as getting an ice cream headache.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Clinton may have thought that he was a playa playa in the White House, but he has nothing on The Continental's skills!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by boiker
    He'd be the best president to listen to ever. I would tune in for every single address His rhythm and vocabulary is something out of this world.

He also has the ability to psychically predict trival events, such as getting an ice cream headache.
    Besides he could really freak out the other world leaders in treaty talks, conferences, etc.

We had a bad actor for president, why not one of the best?
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I wonder if he'll use footage of him dancing in the Fatboy Slim video for his campaign commericals. I'd like to see any other canidate try that.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by AubieTurtle
    I wonder if he'll use footage of him dancing in the Fatboy Slim video for his campaign commericals. I'd like to see any other canidate try that.
    that is one of my favorite videos!!!!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2005
    hate to say it, but in the immortal words on Donald King "ONLY in America"

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Just One More Shot

Concerning Ronnie (Ray Gunz) Reagan.....we have to remember that he did a bit of an internship, as Governor of California. Wasn't George H. W. Bush an opponent in Reagan's first primary? And Ronnie grabbed the microphone in a debate setting (New Hampshire?) and said, "Gentlemen.....I am paying for this microphone!"

My favorite Christopher Walken flick is still "The Deer Hunter". He won an Academy Award (Supporting Actor) for that role. Best scene: He is in the military hospital in Saigon and obviously in a state of shock. The doctor is asking him questions and he has a hard time answering, using his hands to gesture but struggling with words.

I agree with michaaelskis.....let's gather his views on the things that are important to us.

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Apr 2005

That made me laugh! Thanks boiker.

He seems to have an appeal that's multi-generational. He can be spooky and comedic at the same time. I don't think I could take him seriously though. He would have to dispense with the theatrics for a while and spill the beans about his views pronto. His appeal may not be low brow enough to appeal to the lowest common denominator the way Schwarzenegger can with his physique for women and gratuitous violence for men. To go from Bush to Walken would be quite a linguistic coup though.
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005

hoax

Apparently this is a hoax. That's to bad, that man can dance!!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Did you see him in Envy? That man is amazing!

Registered
    May 2004
    " I gotta have more cowbell, baby"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Loved him in "Wedding Crashers" as Secretary Cleary...why not preisdent?
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally posted by spokanite
    " I gotta have more cowbell, baby"
    If ever had a fever, we'd know what can fix him.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    ok, can't stand it anymore. I gotta have MORE COW BELL

thanks to the guys at urban ohio for the link

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    A hoax. Bummer. I was just beginning to feel hope this country could turn itself around.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Why do they call him the Continental?
    I am recognizing that the voice inside my head
    is urging me to be myself but never follow someone else
    Because opinions are like voices we all have a different kind". --Q-Tip

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Quote Originally posted by the north omaha star
    Why do they call him the Continental?
    The Continental is a character from his infamous SNL appearances.

http://snl.jt.org/char.php?i=126
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Dec 2001

"Now, my pretty flower, perhaps you would enjoy with me a glass of champ-pag-na?"
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Some say it is a hoax some say it is real. I guess we will wait to see.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003

"Now, my pretty flower, perhaps you would enjoy with me a glass of champ-pag-na?"
    I've got this great mental picture now of him meeting with these foreign officials in the Blue Room using this as his opening line...
    Last edited by Suburb Repairman; 19 Aug 2005 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Oops, left the picture in the quote

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Nov 2004

Walken for President!!!!!

"Our great country is in a terrible downward spiral. We're outsourcing jobs, bankrupting social security, and losing lives at war. We need to focus on what's important-- paying attention to our children, our citizens, our future. We need to think about improving our failing educational system, making better use of our resources, and helping to promote a stable, safe, and tolerant global society. It's time to be smart about our politics. It's time to get America back on track."
    Campaign Finance Reform:
    "I believe that campaign finance is a very tough issue, with good points on both sides; but I feel, as a wealthy American, that I should have no more say than even the least fortunate American citizen. Free speech in politics is about the voices of all those who support you, not who supports you with the biggest voice."

Military Funding:
    "I am a huge supporter of the military. I have always thought of them as our guardians, and when our guardians are making less than the poverty line, and children are suffering because their parents decided to join the military, well, I get very upset. I feel that instead of sending billions to the Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops."

Stem Cell Research:
    "I'd met Chris Reeve several times before he died, and after having met him it is tough to be against [stem cell research]. I am for human knowledge and expansion of human life. If stem cells are one way to do that, I cannot support legislation to restrict this potentially life-saving research."

He SO has my vote!!!

http://www.walken2008.com/index.html

Moderator note:
    Thread merged with previous thread on same topic

Registered
    Nov 2002
    According the folks at Snopes.com:

The "Walken for President" web sites were actually the communal product of members of an Internet forum who opted to launch a faux celebrity presidential campaign as a prank.
    Huh. Members of an internet forum doing such a thing. Who'd-a-thunk-it.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Quote Originally posted by SGB
    According the folks at Snopes.com:

Huh. Members of an internet forum doing such a thing. Who'd-a-thunk-it.
    Did someone say President Plater-Zyberk?
    Je suis Charlie

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Best Commercials of 2008! (so far)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 24 Jul 2008, 6:19 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 02 Apr 2008, 12:14 AM
  3. UDC of APA in NYC 2008
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 1