Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: TxAPA Laefest?

Registered
    Aug 2004

TxAPA Laefest?

Anyone planning on attending the TxAPA conference in Fort Worth this October? If so, early registration ends August 31st. Plus, you can save a whopping $25 by registering online - what a deal!

If enough Cyburbians attend, maybe we can do an official Laefest! I am 90% sure I'll be there, and Joe Iliff said he'd look into it. Any other takers?
    Last edited by Salmissra; 22 Aug 2005 at 11:23 PM.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Sal, how long would it take me to get there driving from the Florida panhandle? Oh hell, who am I kidding, I'd never get past New Orleans. But I'll be in San Antonio for the national next spring. And I think ZG was going, too. See you then!!
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Sal, how long would it take me to get there driving from the Florida panhandle? Oh hell, who am I kidding, I'd never get past New Orleans. But I'll be in San Antonio for the national next spring. And I think ZG was going, too. See you then!!
    I'm going to San Antonio................ Yeee Hawww
    "And all this terrible change had come about because he had ceased to believe himself and had taken to believing others. " - Leo Tolstoy

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Sorry Sal, I got the old budget ax and had to choose between TxAPA or Nat'lAPA. This despite the fact that I volunteered to crash at my brother's house rather than get a hotel. Stupid Mayor. I figured I need to be at the Nat'lAPA since I am on the LHC for Student Issues. Besides, I have a massive San Antonio Laefest to plan!!!

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'll be at San Antonio for this one. The boss agreed to this one night.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I would love to meet up at the National conference but I will have to convince the husband to let me go. I do love Texas!!! Where the stars are bright....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    I'll be at San Antonio for this one. The boss agreed to this one night.
    I'll need to see that in writing...notarized.

Go to Melbourne......(not) Want to got to St. Pete with us? Ahhhhh, sorry no hotel rooms available....maybe next year. I'll have a beer by the pool and think of you (not).

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'll need to see that in writing...notarized.
    Dude, you don't remember? I'll bring it in tomorrow.

Go to Melbourne......(not) Want to got to St. Pete with us? Ahhhhh, sorry no hotel rooms available....maybe next year. I'll have a beer by the pool and think of you (not).
    Don't open your desk drawers when you get back..............
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Jul 2005

Re: TxAPA in Ft Worth

I'll be at TxAPA in Fort Worth. Did someone mention planners and festivities?

Quote Originally posted by Salmissra
    Anyone planning on attending the TxAPA conference in Fort Worth this October? If so, early registration ends August 31st. Plus, you can save a whopping $25 by registering online - what a deal!

If enough Cyburbians attend, maybe we can do an official Laefest! I am 90% sure I'll be there, and Joe Iliff said he'd look into it. Any other takers?

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dankrzyz
    I'll be at TxAPA in Fort Worth. Did someone mention planners and festivities?
    I'll be there, as well. So far it looks like it's just us, but that can change.

You know there's always some sort of festivities going on when planners congregate. It's the beer - more beer, more planners - simple as that.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jan 2005

TxAPA Convention in Fort Worth

I plan to be in Fort Worth for the TXAPA convention.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 21 Aug 2012, 6:47 PM
  2. OKI Laefest
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 02 Oct 2010, 11:06 AM
  3. NC APA Laefest
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 31 Aug 2010, 11:00 AM