Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Finding out shocking news about someone!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Nope.. I haven't heard anything from anybody I knew... and I won't lie.. I wouldn't give a damn if I heard bad news about a few former school classmates...

Registered
    Jun 2003
    When chatting to some 'new friends' (yes they were young and lovely ) at a seminar about mutual professional contacts, I learnt that a guy I went to Uni with and was close to had just left their organisation to battle aids - I attended his funeral about two months later. Still haven't gotten over that. It came up so casually on their part and I was completely stunned.

I found out about two years ago that my Aunt (father's sister) has a daughter from prior to her marriage. My father didn't know about it until the same time I found out(his sister is about 12 years older than he is),. The daughter was tracing her family tree. My Aunt doesn't want to know and it remains a secret from her husband (my uncle) - I found my Aunts' response the most shocking.

Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    ......Then there was the incident earlier this year involving the former Planning Board Chair who was arrested (I'll spare the details here) while my boss and I were in San Fran at APA......
    NHP, here I was thinking - "this guy seems to be taking that news in his stride pretty well, it must happen all the time...". BTW, why spare the details, that's the best part.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2002
    A guy I knew fairly well in junior high was convicted of beating his ex-wife's boyfriend to death with a baseball bat. The bigger scandal is that he managed to get a little league baseball coaching position after getting out of prison.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Rem
    NHP, here I was thinking - "this guy seems to be taking that news in his stride pretty well, it must happen all the time...". BTW, why spare the details, that's the best part.
    That's because you know the details, having met up with me in San Fran.

OK....quick details for everyone else - the arrest was for solicitation of sex from an undercover cop posing as an underage girl on the internet.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    That's because you know the details, having met up with me in San Fran.

OK....quick details for everyone else - the arrest was for solicitation of sex from an undercover cop posing as an underage girl on the internet.
    What's the saying? 16 will get you 20?

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by plannerkat
    A guy I knew fairly well in junior high was convicted of beating his ex-wife's boyfriend to death with a baseball bat. The bigger scandal is that he managed to get a little league baseball coaching position after getting out of prison.
    [Off colour humour warning] He was a batting coach right? [/Off colour humour warning]

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Shocking church demolition
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 16 Apr 2013, 1:17 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last post: 11 Feb 2013, 9:54 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last post: 20 Aug 2010, 3:06 PM
  4. Replies: 6