Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: South Division Regular Season Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Ok....

Now I'm playing BEK in week #1........I can't trash talk a New Orleans person......BEK gets a pass from the Washouts on trash talk.......

BWA HA HA HA HA......NOT!! BEK will not have a chance...... I've been able to pick up the dregs of the league, who will ALL have breakout seasons and crush the Washouts competition....
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    Someone is going to get hurt this weekend!!!
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Well.....

Talk about a BAD Showing!!
    WORST FANTASY SCORE.....EVER....(in the voice of the comic book nerd on the Simpsons )

Maybe I can get M. Jenkins to score 3 touchdowns tonight and M. Lewis will intercept and run back at least two after getting 3 sacks.....(ha ha ha......)

What a weird week of football, all the underdog teams did well.......except the Washouts..... Next week can't get here fast enough......
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    What a weird week of football, all the underdog teams did well.......except the Washouts..... Next week can't get here fast enough......
    You better be ready for another butt whoopin', cause you play me next week.
    - Bender

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dragon
    I can vowage (how the hell do you spell that word?? My brain is NOT working today ) for that...I took a beating yesterday!!

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    I can vowage (how the hell do you spell that word?? My brain is NOT working today ) for that...I took a beating yesterday!!
    Vouch

Haha, it won't be as bad as it looks, we both still have player left for tonight's game, and yours will put up more points than mine.
    - Bender

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Vouch

Haha, it won't be as bad as it looks, we both still have player left for tonight's game, and yours will put up more points than mine.
    Ha, thanks, I cannot spell today, I even checked it on spell check and was so far off it couldn't give me the correct spelling....
    I hope mine puts up 20 points or I have the worst record for the week!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Yeah Yeah.....

Ok, I'm prepared for the trash talk....you got game....but will "they" have game next week....we'll see....It looks like I've got some choices in QB, but where I really suck right now is the RB position!!!!

Registered
    Nov 2003
    ....you got game....but will "they" have game next week....we'll see....
    Farve is bound to have a much better game next week, along with Priest. Everyone else is up against some stout D next week. As for you running back situation...sorry to hear it. Should have snagged S. Davis befor i did. You want Faulk, what you want to trade ?
    - Bender

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    OK...so what happened week one in the South? Can someone post a standings/results thread similar to the north?

Us north owners need to see what we might be up against in the Cyburbia Bowl.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

What!!

That CANNOT BE CORRECT......DID I REALLY WIN THIS LAST WEEKEND!!!??? HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN????? There must be a mistake somewhere in the numbers.....???

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

So......

What is it with the South?? Why is it the only manager willing to trash talk, also happens to have (seemingly) the worst team in the league....??? Come on people, you should be all over each other after this week Talk about a faceplant, unless my two WR's can each pull in 3 touchdowns and 200 yards+ tonight, the Washouts will no longer have an undefeated season...... (ha ha ha ha....)

Seriously, I'm looking at the bottom 5 teams and I see an opportunity to win some games in the next few weeks Even considering my lack of running backs

I wonder what it feels like wasting 80 points on a win against the Washouts this week.....hmmm.......

Hey, anyone want to trade any starting running back for Harrington?

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I wonder what it feels like wasting 80 points on a win against the Washouts this week.....hmmm.......
    Is that all i beat you buy? I need to really practice this week

Really, it hurts knowing i might loose a game with a 150 point potential.
    - Bender

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Well . . . I played the HOT GRITS and Big Easy Kings the first two weeks of the season, so it's kinda hard to trash talk them.

But, I actually won this week with only 3 points from Peyton Manning!
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    No trash talking here I screwed up BIG TIME!! I went with Warner instead of McNabb this week!!! Lost 30 points by doing this

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Jaxspra
    No trash talking here I screwed up BIG TIME!! I went with Warner instead of McNabb this week!!! Lost 30 points by doing this
    Wow, how can you EVER make that choice?
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by MD Planner
    Wow, how can you EVER make that choice?
    STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!! Warner put up more points last weekend and I thought maybe he was on a roll...NOT...hgughgughguguu....rub it in, rub it in!!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

well.....

As long as you didn't pick him because you think he's "more" attractive than McNabb That would have been funny....

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    As long as you didn't pick him because you think he's "more" attractive than McNabb That would have been funny....
    Warner look sa little thinner this year...he is attractive but not THAT attractive it was plain stupidity...(ha, no one can trash talk me, I did it enough for myself!!!)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Bye Weeks.....

I think any team that wins as a possible result of another team keeping bye week players active should have to have an equal number of bye players active the next week!!! Otherwise, thats no fair for those of us on a wing and a prayer anyway

Or at the very least, the next time those same two teams meet, an equal number of bye week players or empty roster spots has to be played for the same positions Those of you with the 80 million dollar teams know what I'm talking about....

Anyway, it woldn't be any fun playing someone who had a bunch of bye week players active......

Now if I could just get my last three player tonight to each score 10 points....I'd win my game.....

Registered
    Nov 2003
    I think any team that wins as a possible result of another team keeping bye week players active should have to have an equal number of bye players active the next week!!! Otherwise, thats no fair for those of us on a wing and a prayer anyway
    I don't think so! Getting a few points out of someone is better then no one.
    - Bender

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Arrrggghhh....

You know what....I'm not getting my hopes up about any player for the rest of the season, then maybe they'll play a decent game each week!!! Except for Neil Rackers, that guy is a straight up Stud Well, I shouldn't complain too much, I've won my one game for the season (my goal for this year )

Michael Vick is a BALL HOG!
    All TE's SUCK!

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Iowegions 89.04
    Coastal Captains 193.36

Does Iowa need a band-aid?
    - Bender

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Iowegions 89.04
    Coastal Captains 193.36

Does Iowa need a band-aid?
    Our butts hurt pretty bad, that's for sure.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hey....

I showed the Coastal Captains player list to my co-workers and they all started laughing their Arses OFF!! These are VETERAN Fantasy players who think the Captains owner must not like having "challenges" in life, having picked (arguably) fully 6 or 7 of the top 10 players in football, somehow in this fantasy league on one team......The concensus is that this leagues winner is a forgone conclusion as of game number one......Where's the fun in that???

He he he.....kinda negates any smack from the Captains for me.......

I've gotta say, I'm getting a real kick out of this first year of fantasy ball, even when I loose by just a few It sure helps to have that stat tracker on yahoo

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 73
    Last post: 29 Dec 2009, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 68
    Last post: 24 Dec 2007, 12:42 PM
  3. Replies: 86
    Last post: 20 Dec 2006, 8:33 AM
  4. Replies: 100