Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: NHL Rule Changes

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Can someone post a short summary of the changes the NHL made this year. I know there were lots of potential changes to the rules discussed, like getting rid of the blue line or allowing the two line pass. But, I don't think I know all the changes that were actually adopted.

I know the goalie equipment is going to be measured before each game to be sure it meets regulations. And I understand that some penalties are supposed to be called more consistently in order to protect offensive players from just being abused by the bruisers some teams have on defense.

What all should be expect on the ice this season?
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Great. Looks like we should see more scoring. The offensive zones are largers, the two-line pass is allowed, it is easier to get a "fast break" into the offensive zone with the "tag up" rule, the defense won't be permitted to just maul the player controlling the puck, and the goalie's equipment will be standardized and a bit smaller.

We should look for a few 9-8 scores! Wasn't the Redskins-Bears game this week only 9-7?

JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 24 Oct 2006, 2:09 PM
  2. The Five Second Rule
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 04 Aug 2004, 7:39 PM
  3. Planners Rule
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 74