Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Questions about Disneyland/Universal Studios

Registered
    Aug 2001

Questions about Disneyland/Universal Studios

Okay... It feels very strange to be asking this question, because I'm from Los Angeles... but here it goes:

I'm planning a trip back home to see the folks in L.A. in a few months, and this time I'll be taking the boyfriend and three children. We are planning to go to Disneyland/California Adventure and Universal Studios. I was planning one day for each and two extra days to hang with family/friends, see Mann's Chinese Theater, etc.

I've never been around kids much before, so has anyone gone to these places with kids? Is it totally unrealistic to try to spend one day each at these theme parks?

I've been to all of the above places, but since we lived in L.A. we never worried about hitting all the attractions, because hey... we could always go back.

I've always sucked at being a tour guide in my own hometown, so I thought maybe I could get a little help from the rest of you. Whaddya think?

Thanks in advance!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Hm, I'd have to say it depends on the age. If they're little they may not enjoy the entire park because they can't go on all of the rides. But from my experience, a full day is perfect. That gives you enough time for everything. I always forget sunscreen though, you may want to take some in case, we got super burned.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Oh yeah... ages! Good point. They are 7, 10, and 16 respectively. The seven y.o. and 10 y.o. are probably under the height minimums for the really big rides (the 10 y.o. is shorter than her younger brother, believe it or not). Thanks for the tip!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 09 May 2007, 3:25 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 24 Feb 2006, 12:37 PM
  3. I’m going to Disneyland…..
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 26 Jun 2003, 4:18 PM
  4. Universal Sufferage.
    Friday Afternoon Club