Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Caption Contest 9/26/05

Registered
    Apr 2003

Caption Contest 9/26/05

I think that it would be good to have a Yooper Picture for a caption contest.

Bear Up North makes an effort to re-film the movie Bambi.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Marlin Perkins: "Jim will now attempt to approach the fierce creature. By offering the beast a piece of food he hopes to distract her long enough to tackle her to the ground...."
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Okay Dad, I caught him by the tongue. Now what do I do?
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Let go of my Eggo.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Another fine example of the fabled Yooper catch & release deer hunting technique.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Entry 2: <excerpt from a 'Say Yes to Michigan' tourism campaign brochure>

Are you and your family growing tired of the same old vacation every year? Are the kids complaining "Aw gee dad, do we have to go Nova Scotia to club baby seals again?" Then why not try something new and different - the UP has thousands of acres of forests filled with tame wildlife patiently waiting for your family. Just bring your Louisville slugger and a tasty bag of sugar beets or apples....."
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    As per the time tested traditions at De Noc High School, food is often used to entice dates to the prom...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Otterpop gets an idea how to lure into his garage deer that use his yard as their personal toilet. Bang, bang, Otterpop's log splitter comes down upon its head .
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    Bang, bang, Otterpop's log splitter comes down upon its head .
    Of course AIB The Beatles' lyrics to Maxwell Silver Hammer

Bang, bang, Maxwell's silver hammer
    Came down upon her head
    Bang, bang, Maxwell's silver hammer
    Made sure that she was dead

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Silly americans! Thats not enough snow to be da you pee. Thats probably the woods of Ogemaw County Michigan in trolland.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    As per the time tested traditions at De Noc High School, food is often used to entice dates to the prom...
    [Jim Rome Voice] Rack Him [/Jim Rome Voice] Pun fully intended.

Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner
    Silly americans! Thats not enough snow to be da you pee. Thats probably the woods of Ogemaw County Michigan in trolland.
    '

Are you crazy? Don't you see the 10-foot snow bank in the background? Heck there is another deer standing on it!

So... Yah dare, dat be da UP ya-know. Holly Wah! Dat dare might be Nagaunee! Did-ja see da turt-ty pointer in da back dare? He’s up dare on da bank ya-know.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    [Jim Rome Voice] Rack Him [/Jim Rome Voice]
    So... Yah dare, dat be da UP ya-know. Holly Wah! Dat dare might be Nagaunee! Did-ja see da turt-ty pointer in da back dare? He’s up dare on da bank ya-know.
    Howse can ja tell dat tis a turty-pointer from back der? On second thought dat tis a lot of snow, maybe even Houghton snow!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner
    Howse can ja tell dat tis a turty-pointer from back der? On second thought dat tis a lot of snow, maybe even Houghton snow!
    Ya-know, yah might be right dare, dat dare deer might be in Houghton. As for the turty-pointer, dem dare be antlers and not dem dare branches ya-know. Dat remines me of a story dat Toyvle told me about da turty-pointer out dare in da blinde ya-know. Holly-wah, dat was a story, eh!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Crazy juvenile deer hitting on the crack pipes of suburban youth have become the terror of the Mitten State!

Registered
    May 2005
    The Deluxe, Special Edition, Extended 27th Anniversary, Deleted Scene’s of “The Deer Hunter”.

Bill

“The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show…”
    [kisses his biceps]

- Ron Burgundy

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    Let go of my Eggo.
    I like this one.
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 04 Apr 2007, 1:11 AM