Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: 9/30/05 Noontime beer/women question from Michaelskis (Thanks Bear!)

Registered
    Apr 2003

9/30/05 Noontime beer/women question from Michaelskis (Thanks Bear!)

Well since the votes came in, and I have not received anything from the moderators saying no, here we go... again.

Today’s question is one that many of us who frequent bars in college towns can relate to. It seems that there is a very noticeable attraction for most to college age woman that drink way too much cheap beer, yet older women who drink way too much cheap beer are not as attractive.

What are your thoughts on this concept, do you think it is true or do you think that this is a common misperception? Do you think that it is just a social perception being that many older women are wiser and know when to say when, while many college girls do not have much drinking experience.

*disclaimer... I think that many women think the same thing with guys as well. Young Drunk Guys are more attractive than Older Drunk Guys. So please don’t kill the messenger.
    Last edited by michaelskis; 30 Sep 2005 at 3:33 PM.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I went to college in Greeley, Colorado... no attractive women at all there*... just cows... Lots of cheap beer though. Houses came with a water tap and a Keystone Light tap.

(*Except for my girlfriend (whom I met in Greeley) and that busty Italian girl I went home with a year before I met my girlfriend... )
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Drunk college chicks are hot. Older, beer-soused women are bar flys.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    May 2002
    I'm MUCH more impressed with experienced women closer to my age than college age girls that look like they either just woke up in a dumpster or walked off a Miss Teen USA runway. Older women that can keep up with me in the beer department are HOT!
    The cookies are worth the drive

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    Drunk college chicks are hot. Older, beer-soused women are bar flys.
    You forgot either TTIAWWT or sorry beer soused bar flys.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Women that drink cheap beer are not attractive, so I never really had an issue seperating the two age groups. In my world, you are what you drink! Cheap beer is shallow and unfullfilling, while good beer is something to savor. Drunk college chicks always annoyed me for some reason...

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by mskis
    ..... It seems that there is a very noticeable attraction for most to college age woman that drink way too much cheep beer, yet older women who drink way too much cheep beer are not as attractive.
    You have already broke the BUNs rules. A grown person wrote that? And you're a grad student? I thought the left coast was bad.
    Annoyingly insensitive

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Oh yeah, now I remember why I didn't miss the noontime questions at all.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Oh yeah, now I remember why I didn't miss the noontime questions at all.
    If you were not married and I was not already involved, I would ask you out for a date. Perfect!!!
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    If you don't like getting a nooner from Michaelskis, don't post anything...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Oh yeah!

Skip the college chicks with the cheap beer!

Find the scary looking freak in the corner wearing all black and drinking the Lindemens Belgian Lambics!

She will rock your world and give you bar stories to tell for the rest of your life!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake
    You have already broke the BUNs rules. A grown person wrote that? And you're a grad student? I thought the left coast was bad.

Thanks for the heads up... It has been fixed!
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    I can't quite relate to the specific phenomenon you describe but I will say:
    I think most young girls (not all) are less interested in sex than young guys. When a guy sees a young girl drinking (whether cheap beer or expensive top shelf liquor), he probably thinks she's a bit more open to suggestion and sexual advances than she would otherwise be.
    IMO, older women are no longer as libido challenged or sexually repressed as to be unaware of the pleasures of sex. They won't necessarily find a particular guy attractive, but that they have an interest in sex is highly probably and no longer a remote hope. About age 30, women's power to manipulate solely by looks has gone down a bit, and they've overcome much of their shame issues with sex, and are more ready to get down and dirty.

It's a bleak world for a young guy without money, unless he's very good looking or exceedingly entertaining. Thankfully, older, hornier females have a way of popping out of the woodwork and will often come to the rescue. Its no wonder that most crimes are perpetrated by young males.
    Last edited by dobopoq; 30 Sep 2005 at 4:07 PM.
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by dobopoq
    It's a bleak world for a young guy without money, unless he's very good looking or exceedingly entertaining.
    Or owns a good suit...

(KIDDING Friend. Happy Friday to all.)

-Peart

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    Or owns a good suit...

(KIDDING Friend. Happy Friday to all.)
    i.e. appears to have a lot of money. Credit card debt notwithstanding.
    "The current American way of life is founded not just on motor transportation but on the religion of the motorcar, and the sacrifices that people are prepared to make for this religion stand outside the realm of rational criticism." -Lewis Mumford

Registered
    May 2004
    You are all overlooking the most improtant issue in determining whether women of any age drinking cheap beer are attractive or not - and that is of course how much cheap beer you have consumed.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Credit card debt notwithstanding.
    Yeah... uhh.... At least I didn't put a new suit on that....

-Peart

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Unlike most guys my age, I do not have any credit cards or credit card debt!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    She will rock your world and give you bar stories to tell for the rest of your life!
    Especially true if she is a waitress with blue hair.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Younger women are young. End of story. Drunk college girls are annoying, but I'd rather have a drunk younger girl around than a drunken older woman. Granted, I'm 19. Someone stated that young girls are ashamed of sex (or not interested in it) and older women are the opposite. I'm not so sure about that. Most of the women my age that I've encountered are pretty sexually aware and know that they love sex and are pretty happy with that state of affairs. *shrug*

All of this being said, back to beer. Cheap beer is cheap, and uninteresting. Blah. How many pitchers of the same garbage can you have before you want some variety, not to mention quality?

I think he meant the other suit. Birthday suit. Maybe.

Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by abrowne
    Younger women are young. End of story. Drunk college girls are annoying, but I'd rather have a drunk younger girl around than a drunken older woman. Granted, I'm 19. Someone stated that young girls are ashamed of sex (or not interested in it) and older women are the opposite. I'm not so sure about that. Most of the women my age that I've encountered are pretty sexually aware and know that they love sex and are pretty happy with that state of affairs. *shrug* ....
    I'd rather not have a drunken woman around period. Though, I suppose a drunken woman is sometimes better than no woman at all! That's great that you've been able to find young women, plenty horny. I've found a few lascivious youngins', but in my 29 years I've generally found women in their late 20's or older to need less courting, wining and dining, etc. whatever, to be ready to get busy with no strings attached. But then, I don't share the antipathy towards women who are older than myself which many men seem to. All I'm saying is, if you haven't already, give older women a try sometime. But to each his/her own. I've dated a woman who is as much as 20 years older than myself. The older I get, I guess, the wider the age difference on the young side might get. For now, only 5 years younger than myself.

Variety is the spice of life.

Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman
    . Drunk college chicks always annoyed me for some reason...
    I agree, drunk high school chicks were so much more fun.

College chicks were so annoying, but the more sloshed I was, the more tolerable they became.
    Last edited by Super Amputee Cat; 02 Oct 2005 at 1:01 PM.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Cheap beer? isn't that like water? And they get drunk on that.... so... why are drunk women atractive? not on my book.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat
    I agree, drunk high school chicks were so much more fun.

College chicks were so annoying, but the more sloshed I was, the more tolerable they became.
    Ummm, I don't think that high school chicks was an option. I don't think that we should talk about anything that can put us on jail.

I agree with the second part!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    A drunk woman's words are a sober woman's thoughts.
    Maybe the most any of us can expect of ourselves isn't perfection but progress.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 24 Apr 2004, 7:47 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last post: 23 Apr 2004, 9:44 AM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last post: 11 Apr 2004, 1:28 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last post: 08 Apr 2004, 7:48 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last post: 04 Mar 2004, 8:47 AM