Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Engineering firm relocates from California

Registered
    Sep 2004

Engineering firm relocates from California

The subhead Planetizen put on this story about "business unfriendly" California is annoying and incorrect. The story repeatedly contradicts the idea that Fluor is moving because of some real or perceived business unfriendliness. They say they are moving to be closer to the clients--a perfectly normal business reason to move. The subhead should be changed.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by nlandau
    The subhead Planetizen put on this story about "business unfriendly" California is annoying and incorrect. The story repeatedly contradicts the idea that Fluor is moving because of some real or perceived business unfriendliness. They say they are moving to be closer to the clients--a perfectly normal business reason to move. The subhead should be changed.
    Maybe-but there are a lot of factors not present in this particular story that pertain to business unfriendliness.

At the same time, rapid economic growth just means/encourages rapid population growth and consumption. Living in Solano County, I'm not sure I really want to see that rapid growth any more. I am speaking personally here, not professionally, because professionally I know that population growth will continue rapidly in this state.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Bump from PLANetizen forum.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Using projects from one firm at another firm
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 06 May 2009, 5:19 PM
  2. What does an UP do at a RED Firm
    Career Development and Advice