Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Economic benefits of open space preservation

Economic benefits of open space preservation

Heritage Conservancy has prepared information on the economic benefits of the community's purchase of open space or conservation easements. In terms of school district costs,new residential development has a net cost to the community. The community's purchase of conservation easements pays for intself in a few years when compared to the on-going shortfall to the school system from residential development. Although nonresidential development produces revenues for the school system, there are other costs to the community, particularly in road improvments. We are interested in information that supports or does not support these findings. Results of our study is available.

Registered
    May 1997

economic benefits of open space preservation

The Sonoran Institute has a study on this very topic that we have reduced to pamphlet form for public distribution. If you get me a mailing address I will send you a copy. I too would be interested in seeing your results.

economic benefits of open space preservation

Studies have also been done by the American Farmland Trust. I am also interested in obtaining a copy of your report.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 19 Jan 2010, 11:25 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 23 Nov 2005, 12:26 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 18 Aug 2005, 5:23 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 08 Dec 2001, 10:53 AM
  5. Economic benefits of pedestrian oriented downtowns
    Economic and Community Development