Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Monster homes

Monster homes

I am interested in any type of research completed upon the impacts of Monster Homes. I would like to find articles that document reasons why monster homes can be detrimental to a community- issue of compatibility, cost of services, over-consumption, etc. I am open to suggestions--

     
    Registered
    Apr 1997

Monster Homes

Aspen/Pitkin County, Colorado just completed a study of this sort. Go to their website for contact info.

Monster Homes

Monster homes can be detrimental on the basis of shadow impact. I have conducted shadow impact analyses and have represented clients whose properties were being subjected to increased shading due to proposed monster homes next door.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Monster Homes

I live in a gentrifying neighborhood in Denver, Colorado, where there's in inacreasing number of "pop-tops" (second stories being added to single story bungalows) and "scrape-offs" (you know what that is). The City has some publications about how to make additions architecturally comnpatible with the surrounding neighborhood, and the zoning code contains extensive bulk requirements that go beyond setbacks and height. Check out http://www.denvergov.org.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 15
    Last post: 11 Oct 2012, 2:50 PM
  2. Monster garages
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 43
    Last post: 21 Mar 2006, 10:24 AM
  3. The Green Monster: Jealousy
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 30 Jan 2006, 5:16 PM