Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Hallow's Eve

Registered
    Oct 2001
    What is your most memorable Holloween costume/story?

When I was in college, downtown Kent got very weird ...

This set me off on my own Kent memory that isn't so much amusing as unforgetable. My college room mate thought he would do a Clockwork Orange thing but little did he know how bad it turned out. He dyed some thermal long johns bright orange and wore them with boots, a wide belt, derby hat, walking stick and eye makup out to the bars. Apparently he got I can only imagine what kind of attention and thought he looked pretty good (he was drinking a lot that year). It was such a success he put on the same costume for many a weekend binge throughout the winter. Did I mention he weighed about 90 lbs and looked like a skull on a stick? I wonder what he remembers when he thinks back on his college days.

Registered
    Jul 2002

CWO

Originally posted by rustbelt
    What is your most memorable Holloween costume/story?

When I was in college, downtown Kent got very weird ...

This set me off on my own Kent memory that isn't so much amusing as unforgetable. My college room mate thought he would do a Clockwork Orange thing but little did he know how bad it turned out. He dyed some thermal long johns bright orange and wore them with boots, a wide belt, derby hat, walking stick and eye makup out to the bars. Apparently he got I can only imagine what kind of attention and thought he looked pretty good (he was drinking a lot that year). It was such a success he put on the same costume for many a weekend binge throughout the winter. Did I mention he weighed about 90 lbs and looked like a skull on a stick? I wonder what he remembers when he thinks back on his college days.
    About what year? I seem to remember several Clockwork Orange costumes.

One night before holloween the house I lived in had a party (Cider spiked with grain alcohol). One couple apparantly got their dates mixed up and showed up in costume and they were the only ones. The girl wasn't too happy.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Was it capital brewery. My friend was the bar manager there the last 3 years until he quit last week...

I am so mad at him. I haven't bought a beer for my place in the last 2 years...

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Re: vamp and toga vs mime

Originally posted by Tranplanner

Did you see "That '70s Show" last week?
    That was a funny episode...

And I actually dressed up as a catholic school girl when I was an intern at the City of Davis... I was actually more covered than my usual garb (like kneesocks as opposed to sandals/no socks), and I got more comments than any other halloween costume. Glad you reminded me... that's an easy one to do, and it gets results!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My favorite Halloween story is the fundamentalist church a few years ago that sponsored a "Hell House" on Halloween. They had, for example, a "Young Homosexual" suffering in the pits for his ungodly perversions, an unwed mother, a drug addict, etc.

Quite controversial, needless to say!

Registered
    Dec 1998

Re: Re: Re: vamp and toga vs mime

Originally posted by nerudite

That was a funny episode...

And I actually dressed up as a catholic school girl when I was an intern at the City of Davis... I was actually more covered than my usual garb (like kneesocks as opposed to sandals/no socks), and I got more comments than any other halloween costume. Glad you reminded me... that's an easy one to do, and it gets results!
    I spent 12 yeasr in those uniforms! I REFUSE to wear penny loafers to this very day.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Jul 2002

flashers

see attached
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Aug 2001

When cosrtumes go bad

I wasnt sure if I should post this here or in the cameltoe thread....

A group of friends and myself went as the Ramones one year in Madison, WI. Leather jackets, black wigs, Chuck Taylors. It was great, especially when people would yell "Hey- Its the Ramones"

The only problem was that whenever we seperated, people thought we were Howard Stern.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002

Re: When cosrtumes go bad

Originally posted by bturk
    I wasnt sure if I should post this here or in the cameltoe thread....
    I think we could have lived without it in either case.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Dec 2001
    BLARGH! I will forever be damaged.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Fat Elvis Rules!

Speaking of FatElvis, has anyone ever seen www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com

Registered
    Aug 2001

Ever have one of those days?

<EG>

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Halloween is just so far off my radar - we're not dressing up, didn't decorate the house, haven't even bought candy for the trick or treaters yet. We were going to make jack-o-laterns, but went away last weekend. we're such halloween losers. maybe tomorrow night i'll pick up some pumpkins for the front porch.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by KMateja
    Halloween is just so far off my radar - we're not dressing up, didn't decorate the house, haven't even bought candy for the trick or treaters yet. We were going to make jack-o-laterns, but went away last weekend. we're such halloween losers. maybe tomorrow night i'll pick up some pumpkins for the front porch.
    Didn't do any of that either. I vacated the house, sat in a bar and shot pool and watched ESPN.

I guess that makes us Hallow-weenies, Kel.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I don't "do" Halloween anymore, got really tired of it. I think we're going to go to a bar this year and drink beer- that's scary enough.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I'm sure that once we have kids, I'll be much more into the spirit. Or counting the days until they're old enough to take themselves trick or treating. Or don't kids do that anymore?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm pretty sure they still do... I asked my next door neighbour how many kids they had last year so I could figure out how much candy to buy. Her answer? 300! And this is an area where it's way below freezing by Halloween. The kids must all go as popsicles or something. I love Halloween... last year in Vancouver, WA I only got about 20 kids, so this year ought to be a blast.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I live in a condo tower - they don't allow trick or treating in the halls. Instead, they have a little party in the common room.

I think this year I'll actually be over at my brother's place in the evening - I think they get quite a few kids on Halloween.

Registered
    Oct 2001

One year...

I dressed up like a scarecrow and sat on the front porch with only the porch light on... with a big bowl of candy and a sign that read:

PLEASE TAKE ONE PIECE, PLEASE

Then waited for the greedy....

"HEY! THE SIGN SAYS TO TAKE ONE! CAN'T YOU READ?!"

Man... kids sure can jump high!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Giff came to work in drag today... and he feels FABULOUS!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    giff dude anything we need to know? come on its ok to come out to your buds

tonight i will be a greek goddess *busts out laughing* i had a toga made, a golden crown of laurel leaves etc.

should be intresting.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    A frienf of mine is dressing as drag, with a blow up doll on each hip, and going as "Charlies Angels"

Should be ummm interesting.

Registered
    Jul 1998

Sharing

Originally posted by giff57
    Giff came to work in drag today... and he feels FABULOUS!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Oh giff! thank you! i was hoping you'd post a pic. truly excellent!

love the nails!

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast