Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Street trees

Street trees

In response to: street trees posted by MKJ on August 19, 1997 at 17:53:47:

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. All trees. Trees in the park, trees in the forrest, we don't want the fewest, we want the morest.

The world needs more trees, wherever they sprout. And less rats like you, there's too many about.

Who is important in the big wheel of life? A beautiful Elm, your fat ugly wife?

The trees make the air and sippy sap sappy. You just make turds, and green world unhappy.

Your foresite is short, and your morals are few,

and you think the whole world should revolve around you.

I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees, and you spell disaster, like a crotch rot disease.

To a treeless hell you may go in a basket,

And you'll probably kill a tree for a casket.

We could make the planet lovely, filled with trees and wavy grass,

When we bury humans upside down with acorns up their ass.

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.

street trees

I think what you said is not all that far from being totally wrong in the sense that you are a bit out of focus and refuse to see the true vision of any city's intent on using trees for what you think they really aren't used for....ears. Trees are green. Let's face it, they are made mostly of wood, so what's the big deal? I've seen trees that look just fine and have been there since the last time I saw them and no one has said anything about what they are doing there, so why should people like you who obviously pretend to like trees in general but in the same bad breath, vent your frustrations and hatred, rage and murderous ideas that some trees are a problem. Well you are the problem. If a vent swab trips on a root in the city, and there are too many humans making noise and no one hears or helps him up, should a tree even care? I don't think so, and any moron can see that. It doesn't take a Thomas Einstein to figure that out. So I'd suggest you just walk to work and take the alleys where you can pick up garbage to your hearts intent and build an Adena style mound in your back yard so everyone thinks you really do like trees. Save the pulpit hatch timber sermons for someone with an axe to find. It's jerks like you that ruin it for the rest of us.
    Bill Beyer

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 02 Jan 2008, 5:20 PM
  2. Street trees
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 13 Sep 2007, 10:44 PM
  3. Downtown street trees
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 17