Originally posted by Octavian Ungureanu
I think the real job of any architect should be to design spaces for his client only, spaces that can make the client behave and feel the best way he can.... That is an architecture that i like to call it the new deal of architects......

The personalized spaces can be designed only by go deep in the mind, the behaviour and the feelings of the client..... The purpose is to optimise his (or their) "gestalt" as a interaction with that space.... We have to help them their own places, not places adapted to fashions that can disapeare anytime...

The client who let us do "whatever we want" shouldn't be our desire..... We have to deal with them in the most honnest way we can.... We have to design housses for them...

We have to stop designing spaces made for ourselfes!!! Words like functionalism, deco, modern, classic, baroc, etc mustn't be used as slogans.... the purpose for the architecture is not the uniformization.... The purpose is to put our education in their benefit.. sometimes we have to make our clients to discover theirs real desires...

We have to act in the benefit of our clients.

Please contact me at utavi@yahoo.com if those ideas are that you are fighting for.....
Art and Architecture, while related, are two completely different beasts. Art is created solely for the purpose of pleasing its creator, while architecture has a dual purpose: to please both creator and recipient. We should strive to live up to our responsibilities and give equal weight to both purposes. I pity the man who designs and builds a building he, or his client, hates.