Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planning technician salaries

Planning technician salaries

I'm trying to find some information on planning technician salaries. Is there any documentation that shows the average pay range for this type of position? I need this information because I am requesting a raise and need some documentation to support my request. The agency I work for has a the range of $17,500 - $22,600 for a planning technician. This is much less then what our secretary gets ($22,500 - $26,500. I am currently on the high end of planning technician range. I have been working there for over four years. I have a degree in geography and I now know Arc Info and Arc view, developed a web page for the agency, lead park board meetings, make presentations, create displays, help the public when the planners are gone. You name it and I do it. I work hard at this job and don't understand why the pay is so low. Can any of you help me?

Planning Technician Salaries

Your best bet is to move up to Planner IV or I (whichever is lowest) rather than remain as a technician. The only documentation I am aware of is published by the APA and deals strictly with Planner jobs.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Difference- planner/planning technician
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 23 Dec 2012, 2:06 AM
  2. How will the recession impact planning salaries?
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 18 Jun 2009, 10:19 AM
  3. Interview for a planning technician tomorrow
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 17 Feb 2008, 8:17 PM
  4. Are urban planning salaries growing at all?
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Aug 2006, 3:34 PM
  5. Planning salaries in Chicago
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 19 Jan 2004, 10:39 AM