Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Gateway regions

Gateway regions

Hello, I am a planning and development economist working at the institute of regional analysis in Stockholm, Sweden. We have become interested in recent work regarding "gateway regions"; those which serve as an important portal between developed and undeveloped regions, between markets, between countries, etc. For instance, Singapore is often referred to in this respect. However, we have found little actually written on this subject.

Any ideas/resources/ comments references?

Thanks,

Beatrice
    Stockholm, Sweden

gateway regions

A past issue of "THE Planning Commissioners Journal" had a very informative article on this subject with community examples and resources for more information. The PCJ in on-line - I found it through the PAIRC site under Planning Publications. Hope that helps!: Hello, I am a planning and development economist working at the institute of regional analysis in Stockholm, Sweden. We have become interested in recent work regarding "gateway regions"; those which serve as an important portal between developed and undeveloped regions, between markets, between countries, etc. For instance, Singapore is often referred to in this respect. However, we have found little actually written on this subject.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 18
    Last post: 20 Nov 2007, 8:02 PM
  2. Gateway signage
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 11 Jan 2007, 7:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Aug 2005, 7:16 PM
  4. gateway designs
    Design, Space, and Place