Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Steep slope residential design

Steep slope residential design

McKerrell Lynch Town Planners is currently undertaking a master planning exercise for clients in Indonesia.

The site is approximately 500ha, located adjacent to a major industrial employment node.

The topography of the site is largely gently sloping terrain with terraces along slopes which were previously used in rice production. The major constriant of the site is a numberof large areas which are of a slope 1 in 8.

Do to imposed development yields it will be necessary to develop in these areas, primarily for small lot residential.

I'm seeking help from anyone who may have experience or knows where I can find some information on steep slope residential design for subdivisions.

Any help help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    High Glen we use those slopes here that slope down or up from the collector road to separate the land use and for aspect looks .It is basically suburb sprawl after the 60's to now that use that and is auto centric.

It is hell hole going any where on foot with those slope that is pro -car use and for land type than land use diversity.

Registered
    Mar 2004

You might try this....

APA put out a PAS report on this issue.....of course I'm not sure how compatible it will be for use in a developing country like Indonesia I don't remember this report being very density friendly either. As far as pedestrian access on hillsides, that would be extremely important in a developing nation....right....unless we're talking about Jakarta with all the cars

http://www.planning.org/APAStore/Sea...lt.aspx?p=2392
    Skilled Adoxographer

Moderator note:
    This is certainly an interesting thread subject. I would point out, however, that it is an ELEVEN year old thread, so I wouldn't expect very much of a reply from the original poster.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by nec209 View post
    High Glen we use those slopes here that slope down or up from the collector road to separate the land use and for aspect looks .It is basically suburb sprawl after the 60's to now that use that and is auto centric.

It is hell hole going any where on foot with those slope that is pro -car use and for land type than land use diversity.
    Moderator note:
    In the future, check the date of the original post before you respond to a thread. Please don't reply to or bump such ancient threads such as these, which have seen their last post over a decade ago. The odds are infinitesimal that the original poster is still checking the thread for responses.

If you're interested in the subject of an old thread, we encourage you to start a new thread, and include a link back to the original.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 53
    Last post: 19 Aug 2013, 2:48 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 15 Nov 2006, 2:19 PM
  3. Steep slope development
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 12 Aug 2001, 9:45 PM
  4. Steep slopes
    Land Use and Zoning