Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Tax increment financing

Registered
    Nov 2001

Tax increment financing

I am currently writing a general article about tax increment financing to be submitted in some professional publications in the State of Georgia. I am looking for any stories, information, experiences, et al. By all means state any views you have on TIFA, its advantages, disadvatages, how it it best applied, etc. Let me know if what you have to say is "quotable". Thanks.

tax increment financing

We have just begun to implement a large TIF district in our community. I am the Community Development DIrector for a rapidly developing urban township in Ohio. So far, I have discovered that the only "experts" on TIF are the developers. Fortunately, we are working with one who has been very helpful and assists in the negotiations with the Schools. We have to implement several roadway developments with the funding as well as biketrails, purchase of parkland and green areas. I would be very interested in reading your article when it has been completed. I would suggest to those considering TIF projects not to create a TIF area without prospective business developments. Otherwise, they can sit vacant for several years of the TIF period and generate no money. I would suggest doing them on a project by project basis BEFORE construction has begun so that the community does not get involved in overshot construction costs. Hope that helped!: I am currently writing a general article about tax increment financing to be submitted in some professional publications in the State of Georgia. I am looking for any stories, information, experiences, et al. By all means state any views you have on TIFA, its advantages, disadvatages, how it it best applied, etc. Let me know if what you have to say is "quotable". Thanks.

Registered
    Nov 2001

tax increment financing - Heidi Arnold

Thanks for responding. In fact you hit on several themes in my proposed article. Please send me along an e-mail address or USPS address and I will be glad to send you a draft copy of the article when finished.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Tax increment financing district?
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 Feb 2008, 12:02 AM
  2. ABC's of TIF's (tax increment financing)
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 04 Oct 2007, 1:05 PM
  3. TIF bonds: How can you project the increment?
    Replies: 19
    Last post: 18 Aug 2006, 1:43 PM
  4. Tax increment financing
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 20 Aug 2001, 10:47 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last post: 15 Apr 1998, 10:17 AM