Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Comprehensive zoning ordinance update

Comprehensive zoning ordinance update

I am involved in a major comprehensive zoning ordinance update to our local County's ordinance. I am interested in finding examples of other ordinances we can use as a guide in the development of our new ordinance. Is anyone aware of ordinances that have superior reputations? This might include APA award-winning ordinances or model ordinances prepared by a State planning agency? Thanks.

Registered
    May 1997

Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance Update

I may have something that would be helpful. It depends on the nature of your county: urban? suburban? rural? And on the quality of your comprehensive plan (I often consult with jurisdictions who want to improve their zoning, but do not have a sufficient basis for doing so in their plans). Also on the personality of your staff, planning commission, etc. and the development pressure you are facing. If you are interested in an award-winning performance zoning ordinance for a rural county where issues include agriculture,water quality, resource protection, and tourism, respond with a mailing address or call me at 208-232-1277.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 06 Jul 2010, 2:06 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 29 Jan 2008, 10:31 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 22 Jan 2008, 3:12 PM
  4. New zoning ordinance
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 18 Dec 2006, 1:25 PM