Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Should I be looking at planning graduate schools?

My question is: Is planning school the right place to further my interesting in housing issues (especially in terms of equality)?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Should I be looking at planning graduate schools?

My question is: Is planning school the right place to further my interesting in housing issues (especially in terms of equality)?
    One school that has an excellent reputation in that area is Cleveland State - it's not on the most people's lists of what would be considered the "best" planing schools, but they have an excellent faculty, and a strong focus in community development, housing and equity planning. Norm Krumholz (Making Equity Planning Work) and W. Dennis Keating (The Suburban Racial Dilemma) are both on the faculty there.

Should I be looking at planning graduate schools?

try florida state university - they are a strong, and diverse program, and the location in the capital of florida means yuo would have access to state jobs. My roomate did CDBG work theere while getting her masters. I worked for the state too, but at the Dept of env. protection. You could also do a dual planning/public administration degreee tehre too.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 29 Dec 2010, 10:02 PM
  2. GPA at graduate schools
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 14 Oct 2008, 4:02 PM
  3. Graduate schools?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 12 Aug 2008, 8:19 PM