Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Temporary Random Thoughts Thread... [Temp 2]

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

The Temporary Random Thoughts Thread... [Temp 2]

As I stated before I had a story to tell for the beer forums so I decided to create another Random Thoughts Thread, which would encompass everything we had wish to say that doesn't have to do with temporary Cyburbia.

...So I was driving around with the girlfriend after work last night, filling up the car with gas, going to the post office, and other stuff we youngins in Northern Colorado like to do on a Monday night.
    I had requested we go to the beer store, as I was out of frosty beverages, when the girlfriend lets out a groan:
    "You last went on Saturday..." she stated...
    I though, "oh no, here it comes..."
    "... you know, for a planner you don't really plan ahead..." she continued, "why don't you stock up and buy more beer this time instead of making me go to the beer store with you every two days..."
    ?
    So we proceeded in going to the beer store, and purchasing enough beer for the week ahead. It was all her idea... man I love that girl... :lol:
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Wow that's awesome... a Chick that encourages you to buy beer! Ok... at my age everybody does*, but I guess it isn't so later, am I right?

* except right wing christian fundie hot chicks that don&#39;t drink alcohol.. <_<

Speaking of Beer... the Bierfest here is this weekend... go figure it&#39;s around the same time Cyburbia should be back up&#33; Now that&#39;s something to celebrate....

/me pines for the beer smiley.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    What&#39;s that smell?
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by GeogPlanner@Jan 25 2005, 05:12 PM
    What&#39;s that smell?
    sorry, I had haggis (vegetarian version) for lunch...it&#39;s Robbie Burns Day ya know.

Mmmmmm...haggis.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Reading this forums and others.. I saw lots of posts relating to TP during the blizzard.

So I have to ask.. what&#39;s with the craze for TP during heavy snowing? Don&#39;t want to find yourself without it while being practically isolated by the snow?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by skeleton@Jan 25 2005, 12:33 PM
    Reading this forums and others.. I saw lots of posts relating to TP during the blizzard.

So I have to ask.. what&#39;s with the craze for TP during heavy snowing? Don&#39;t want to find yourself without it while being practically isolated by the snow?
    It&#39;s &#39;cuz I keep the ladies warm while it&#39;s freezing outside

Oh wait, you mean the other TP...my mistake.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I hate it when Mr. TN throws that "you are a planner and you never plan stuff" at me comment. Those be fightin&#39; words in these parts.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Why cant areas better prepare for snow? They freak out like its the end of the world every darn year over and over. And why do weather people have to WAY over inflate the possible storm totals?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    gotta go eat lunch now.....see ya later....losers.....

:lol:
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Well I guess maybe if weather guys overinflate things, it&#39;s for people to be better prepared, just in case. Around here sometimes we have been caught unprepared.. specially in winter in santiago... the national emergency office gives out a warning for a big rain storm like 5 days before, and since it&#39;s santiago, pretty much always it gets flooded, because they didn&#39;t prepare well, or at all. But I could go on and on about it. :P

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Plannergirl@Jan 25 2005, 06:09 PM
    Why cant areas better prepare for snow? They freak out like its the end of the world every darn year over and over. And why do weather people have to WAY over inflate the possible storm totals?
    You would think that you were in Florida not the DC area with the way they act when it snows there in DC. I hated that about DC, although I was one of them freaking out from the snow.

The time stamp for this forum is a little off from what I am used to. Where is the host from?
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 31 May 2006 at 3:00 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    you need to go into mycontrols and change your time
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Plannergirl@Jan 25 2005, 06:17 PM
    you need to go into mycontrols and change your time
    Hugs and kisses for that tip.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Yeah.. I also got quite confused about the hour the forums were displaying... Turns out is GMT... Darned thing didn&#39;t let you put those settings while registering... that&#39;s dumb.
    Oh well, I changed it to my time already. So everything&#39;s fine&#33;

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Can someone explain to me why some folks like to be "anonymous members"?
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Dec 2003
    because they&#39;re narcs.............. <_<

...........its open season on prairie dogs here.....
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Your welcome TN

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i can&#39;t understand the run on the store before a storm.

in a blizzard, you have plenty of cold water. if you run out of TP, use nature. i&#39;ve got the gun by the door for the next storm...b/c my fear is liberals and looters
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Originally posted by RichmondJake@Jan 25 2005, 03:25 PM
    Can someone explain to me why some folks like to be "anonymous members"?
    they don&#39;t want you to know when they&#39;re online... because they&#39;re like members of an elite and can&#39;t be disturbed by anybody and also, to avoid detection by squeelers that get in here like guests.

Now one thing that&#39;s good about this forums is that the searchbots are gone. :P Or at least I can only see them as guests....

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by tranplanner+Jan 25 2005, 01:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tranplanner @ Jan 25 2005, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GeogPlanner@Jan 25 2005, 05:12 PM
    What&#39;s that smell?
    sorry, I had haggis (vegetarian version) for lunch...it&#39;s Robbie Burns Day ya know.

Mmmmmm...haggis. [/b][/quote]
    In lieu of the haggis, I have settled for listening to some Celtic music. Much more fun and no indigestion to deal with.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I went to the City library after lunch. Nothing much I was interested in. Books I looked at I was not interested in. However, I am waiting on a book to arrive from Canada in a couple weeks, but I fear I may not be able to entertain myself in the meantime....
    ... maybe the Nuggets will win more games...
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Wow... Plannergirl already has more than 40 posts... Ok let&#39;s start the bidding, how many posts will the person with most posts have, by the end of the week? I&#39;m leaning towards some... 200 easily.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by skeleton@Jan 25 2005, 03:03 PM
    Wow... Plannergirl already has more than 40 posts... Ok let&#39;s start the bidding, how many posts will the person with most posts have, by the end of the week? I&#39;m leaning towards some... 200 easily.
    Who cares...it&#39;s not a race or anything.

I have a huge (high six figures) rehab project bidding tomorrow. I hope I get some competitive bids.

I&#39;ve been thinking about BUN a lot lately.

I&#39;m not done with winter yet. I&#39;d really go for another couple good snowfalls.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by trail nazi@Jan 25 2005, 07:54 PM
    In lieu of the haggis, I have settled for listening to some Celtic music. Much more fun and no indigestion to deal with.
    Speaking of Irish music...I&#39;ve found that working out to "Flogging Molly" is a nice pace. It gets fast and then there&#39;s a slower break and then its quick again...nice for some cardio on the eliptical.

I saw a book at Borders on the clearance rack...it was an Irish cook book...why would anyone want to do that? I&#39;m Irish and I&#39;d rather not eat such bland food.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Temporary Random Thoughts
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 93
    Last post: 18 Apr 2009, 10:10 PM
  2. Temporary Drunk Thread [Temp 2]
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 Jan 2005, 9:34 PM
  3. Replies: 5