Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Using Both Your Man Tool And Your Brain. [Temp 2]

Registered
    Oct 2001

Using Both Your Man Tool And Your Brain. [Temp 2]

This is too cool of a story to pass up sharing.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1261997.html?menu

Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.
    This is the kind of story that makes me proud to be a man. :arr:

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Wait...did he put the snow in the car and then peed on it?!? If so, I'd hate to be the one cleaning that car. Better hope the avalanche totaled it.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

That is, indeed, a clever man. Of course, when he ran out of beer there could be :fap:
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    And this is why I always travel with lots of beer in my vehicle because I never know when I might be buried by an avalanche here in Florida. At least that's what I told the officer.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Talk about RUGGED!! Peeing your way out of an avalanche has to count! :rugged: :cheers: :drunk:

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Gedunker@Jan 28 2005, 02:49 PM
    That is, indeed, a clever man. Of course, when he ran out of beer there could be :fap:
    Now that's just sick. It's funny, but it's sick. :puke: Can you imagine how many times you'd ..... no, I better not. But can you imagine?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    That was friggin' hilarious! :jordanb: I haven't read anything that funny in a long time.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Gedunker@Jan 28 2005, 03:49 PM
    Or he could and then have a popcicle treat to go with it
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    That is so wrong... but yet it seems right. I just feel sorry for him after the hang over kicked in...
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Will this story become an Urban Legend ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by jna@Jan 28 2005, 09:30 PM
    Will this story become an Urban Legend ?
    If really happened, then, no

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Oh, that's how he used his man tool. I was going to say, no, you can't use your tool and your brain at the same time because there isn't enough blood to go around.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Lucky guy... But I don't think he could have been burried too deep....
    And I'm guessing he already had some beers on him when he had the idea.... it's sounds like a dumb thing gone well.... otherwiser we'd have a darwin award.
    The darwin award would have probably been: Man freezes to death after trying to dig himself out of an avalanche by humping the snow. :P :fap:

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The right tool for the job
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 22 Jul 2012, 2:24 PM
  2. A citizen planner's tool box
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 30
    Last post: 03 Jan 2012, 6:09 AM
  3. New economic development tool
    Economic and Community Development