Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: True measure of slacking (AIB JNA's clube thread)

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

True measure of slacking (AIB JNA's clube thread)

What is the true measure of a cyburbian slacking ability. One may think that total number of posts is good, while others would say number of posts per day would be more accurate.

I think that posts per day is a better measure of one's slackitude, than simple total posts. Given that some cyburbians post during non-work hours, any posts per day statistics would need to be wieghted by time of post.

What say you?
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Slacking.org

This Bear weighs in.....

OK, that said......this Bear weighs in with these comments:

Slacking At Work.....Many of you great slackerbaters engage in this activity in the workplace. As mendy indicated, this may be a true measure of world class slacking. For the record, this Bear would probably place DEAD LAST in this category. I have posted twice from the workplace. (I just knew that there was a goode reason to be a real planner. )

Slacking At Home.....Some of us are really world-class slackers on the home front. We should be painting the garage, our helping with the dishes, or cleaning the dog yard .....but we are sailing along in Cyburbialand.

Word Count.....If our Great Leader would initiate a word count we could see who the "volume slackers" really are. (BTW.....how ya doing today, MZ? )

Thought Count.....Some of us fill the airwaves with incoherent ramblings that may or may not be part of a single post. Let's call them: Randoms.

Leaving The Subject Matter Behind.....Finally, many of us take pride in turning an innocent michaelski's question of the millenium into a three-hundred (300) word thesis on the historical significance of the blue line. What the hexx, this Bear has slapped-around planning subject matter as if it was the ex-wife.

Bear Taking A Dose Of Ibuslacken
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    (BTW.....how ya doing today, MZ? )
    I am doing very well. Thank you for inquiring.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I am an after-hours slacker. I look at Cyburbia during work hours, but I rarely post from there. (Take that, RJ! ) I think posts per day is best (for me, anyway...)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    In my mind and without hesitation, I offer that some heavy weighting to true measure should be tilted toward those posting under the influence of controlled substances.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    I am doing very well. Thank you for inquiring

Even with this simple question that could have been answered in 2 characters (OK) you had to run off at the mouth.

Someone had to say it.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I am an after-hours slacker. I look at Cyburbia during work hours, but I rarely post from there.
    I have to agree. But I have been so busy at work that I haven't even had time to even look at the site.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi
    I have to agree. But I have been so busy at work that I haven't even had time to even look at the site.
    Give Mac a Happy Meal and post more often...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    Even with this simple question that could have been answered in 2 characters (OK) you had to run off at the mouth.

Someone had to say it.
    The problem with that theory is that there is a 10 character minimum.

So try again.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    The problem with that theory is that there is a 10 character minimum.
    Huh?.........................
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Off-topic:
    Quote Originally posted by giff57
    weird (I couldn't without 10 characters, despite your assertion....extra Mod powers, per chance?).
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Gotta' defend the Forums against the blueshirts that think it's just a bunch of planners sitting around chatting while waiting for the next batch of fresh coffee to finish brewing.

Surely the 'shirts don't consider answering a message on an APA chapter or state planning organization mainling listserv to be slacking. Would a reply in the "Planning and the Built Environment" subforums be considered slacking too? Based on their standards, I would think not.

Cardinal might have a metric assload of posts, but I'd also guess that compared to a typical Cyburbian, a higher percentage are in the Planning and the Built Environment subforums. Thus, Cardinal's slackitude score plummets.

My criteria: FAC words/day posted during work hours, outside of lunch hour.

As for me, nost of my slack is at home; errands that should get done, but don't.

I never post from home, a true slacker only posts from work, you should get negative points for slacking at home. How come all planners think they are overworked and always busy, I feel like that everyday, and do we ever get anything done. I just slack here to get back at the MAN who is all knowing and everywhere.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by giff57
    Cute........

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Dan

How can you expect anyone to wear a shirt like that? The collars and colour are all wrong. Don't we all wear boss,canali or armani and other high end shirts from the millions we earn at the public trough?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Boss, Cannali, etc are all designed for broad-shouldered six footers who weigh 175 pounds. Not me, alas

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Interpretation Where do you measure setbacks to?
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 20 Nov 2013, 5:42 PM
  2. The Clube-watch thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Nov 2012, 12:30 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 23 Nov 2004, 4:31 PM
  4. JNA's in the clube
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22