Urban planning community

Poll results: Which one are you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slob - never cleans up after himself/herself yet the first to complain about others' uncleanliness (be honest)

1 3.85%
  • Gossiper (AKA Snitch) - knows the 4-11 on everyone's personal and professional lives (sometimes without their knowledge); also the first to tell the boss about others' transgressions while conveniently leaving out their own

0 0%
  • Know-It-All - no need for explanation

3 11.54%
  • Mother - takes care of everyone; always has medicine, home-cooked food, etc.

1 3.85%
  • Martyr - works excessively (and sometimes unnecessary) long hours and wants to entire world to know about it; works hard but never accepts offers for help but still expects pity

1 3.85%
  • Bitch/Bastard - can be selfish and stubborn, his/her own needs are considered before others; his/her own mood will dictate the general mood of the office

5 19.23%
  • Other - I will explain below

7 26.92%
  • The young hipster/baby

8 30.77%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Office Characters

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Know-it-all. Planner, code enforcement officer, computer guru, graphic design guru, and "town concierge" as I've recently renamed my position. I was on a quiz bowl-type television show in high school, and my friends often say I have more useless knowledge stuffed in my brain than anyone else they've met. I also have more than my fair share of "well, the way we did it in [New Mexico, Colorado] was ..." tales.

I would say a wee bit of martyr, but the thing is I have to work 50-60 hours a week. Otherwise, I'd fall even further behind. I had good 37.5 to 40 hour workweeks at other jobs, so it's not like I'm going out of my way to commit karojisatsu; I've had plenty other opportunities to do so in the past, if I really wanted to.

My phone is ringing now ... seriously. Yup, still at work - 6:30. Screw it. Outta' here.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Well, my name says it all, doesn't it?
    Actually, I'm the one who plans/executes the most devious practical jokes in the office.
    Right now, I'm enjoying the satisfaction of having all my former co-workers calling me for info/advice after I left my most recent hell-on-earth zoning job. I really like zoning, but the boss, yech!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by Dan
    Know-it-all. (M)y friends often say I have more useless knowledge stuffed in my brain than anyone else they've met.
    Ditto for me, Dan. I get called know-it-all because my useless knowledge reservoir runs deep.

I guess I'm the know it all. Lots of useless information. Although I am treated as the baby of the group, despite being the same age as three others in the office, and the general fixit person, particularly when it comes to IT. But that's what I get for still being a student and having a degree in computer science...
    Glorious Technicolor, Breath-Taking CinemaScope and Stereophonic Sound!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I guess I am the bastard, as my mood tends to permeate the office.

The native name assigned to me is "dark cloud - crusher of dreams"

My other thing is know it all, mostly because I remember applications and talking to a person and the rough date. Don't always remember their name, but I do remember their application and property.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Another office baby here --- I'm the youngest of the bunch at 29. Single (until Saturday anyhorn), and no kids.

Social Butterfly --- I'm always trying to get something organized - Christmas lunch, 4th picnic, beers after work

Straight Shooter --- the one that will tell you like she sees it, without being too tactless

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    Another office baby here --- I'm the youngest of the bunch at 29. Single (until Saturday anyhorn), and no kids.

Social Butterfly --- I'm always trying to get something organized - Christmas lunch, 4th picnic, beers after work

Straight Shooter --- the one that will tell you like she sees it, without being too tactless
    I'm exactly the same, except I'm no longer the youngest in the office. In addition to planning the social events, I also organize the charity drives like United Way and March of Dimes, 5k run/walks, etc.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Dec 2001

Here's an office character for you-

When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Sit too much in the office
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 11 Jun 2013, 2:47 PM
  2. Your favorite movie characters
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 35
    Last post: 06 Apr 2011, 4:22 PM
  3. The Office UK & US