Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time Waster-Dante's Inferno Version Test

Registered
    Oct 2001

Time Waster-Dante's Inferno Version Test

Given recent reissues/new translations of the classic work, I found this "interesting." Which level of hell will you be consigned to? I have to admit I ended up about where I would expect (Third-Gluttony )

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Registered
    Dec 1998

Definitely Third Level....

Third Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the third circle, you find yourself amidst eternal rain, maledict, cold, and heavy. The gluttons are punished here, lying in the filthy mixture of shadows and of putrid water. Because you consumed in excess, you meet your fate beneath the cold, dirty rain, amidst the other souls that there lay unhappily in the stinking mud. Cerebus, a canine monster cruel and uncouth with his three heads and red eyes, dwells in this level. He growls and tears at the damned with his teeth and claws.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Feb 2004

Sizzle Sizzle

8th level Baby!!! Top that
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2003
    Level 8- the Malebolge - Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers

To be fair I could have explained why so many of my responses were contradictory if it wasn't just a "true/false"

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I got second level of Hell.

Guess it's time for me to go back to church AND SING GOD'S PRAISES SO HE CAN REDEEM MY SOUL!!!!! YES!!!!! PRAISE HIM!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

I better watch it because I might be going to Hell just for that.

First Level

I'm pretty good!

First Level of Hell - Limbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by jordanb
    Level 8- the Malebolge - Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers

To be fair I could have explained why so many of my responses were contradictory if it wasn't just a "true/false"
    Same here.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Well I'm down in the second, so I'm not particularly evil, but i scored "Very High" in both the second and the eigth>

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!
    This is the area for Heretics. I ranked "Extremely High" for this category.
    Go figure

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by pete-rock
    I got second level of Hell.

Guess it's time for me to go back to church AND SING GOD'S PRAISES SO HE CAN REDEEM MY SOUL!!!!! YES!!!!! PRAISE HIM!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

I better watch it because I might be going to Hell just for that.
    Well, save me a seat on the bus because I also have a one way ticket to second level-ville.

Registered
    Aug 2005

Dis this...

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Apparently I'm a heretic - go figure...

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Um... wow. I got Purgatory? And here I thought I would take the “Fun” slide down.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Purgatory!

I guess I'm bad, but not bad enough. I had a lot of Moderates on the other levels. I was high on levels 2 & 5, making me a tad on the lustful and wrathful & gloomy.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Nov 2004
    7th Level here
    "I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every single minute of it!"

Purgatory Also!

HOWEVER I just returned from court. A contempt of court hearing on a zoning case. A property owner has refused to remove six junk cars from their property. Ignored violation notices from the community and ignored a court order. The couple that own the property sent a letter to the court pleading for a continuance, stating illnesses in the family, a husband in and out of the hospital over the past six months, and a mother with a brain tumor, etc. Did I mention their house is also in foreclosure. Didn't care. We pushed and succeeded in getting the judge to issue a bench warrant for their arrest.

So, how many levels am I going to fall?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Um... wow. I got Purgatory? And here I thought I would take the “Fun” slide down.
    I am disappointed in you. I am amazed that you are even that low.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    6th Level... Heretic all the way

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    I am disappointed in you. I am amazed that you are even that low.
    Let’s just say that I dated a lot of women in college. Many for a fairly short time.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Apparently I'm in limbo. Now tell me something I don't know.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Level 6 City of DIS - A Heretic...go figure. Hey that is the name of one of my favorite drinking establishments. Go figure.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Third Level of Hell
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop
    Third Level of Hell

And hence your signature line

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Second Level of Hell

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

I scored "Very high" in levels 2, 5, & 8...I am not as bad as I thought I was

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Second level for me, too. Jaxspra, Pete-Rock and Chukky, look me up when you get there. We'll go out for some beers.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Fifth Level of Hell

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Cruel, vindictive, and hateful? Only towards my sister in law...

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Time Waster
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 05 Sep 2012, 6:01 PM
  2. A new Time Waster
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 02 Jul 2006, 10:01 PM
  3. Truly The Time Waster