Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Graduate School requirements

Registered
    Mar 2005

Graduate School requirements

How important are the GRE's in applying to graduate school in urban/regional planning? Are there minimum requirements for certain schools? I am just not a test taker, but thrive with real application, have an excellent resume, and a strong academic record. I know NYU Wagner does not require them, but I do not know what other schools in the northeast look for...

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally posted by bross
    How important are the GRE's in applying to graduate school in urban/regional planning? Are there minimum requirements for certain schools? I am just not a test taker, but thrive with real application, have an excellent resume, and a strong academic record. I know NYU Wagner does not require them, but I do not know what other schools in the northeast look for...
    Most schools just use them as a factor for your acceptance, but not the ONLY factor. Your acceptance to graduate school definitely does not weigh entirely on your GRE scores. If you bomb the GRE but you have a strong academic background, that is only going to say that you're a good student but you just suck at standardized tests (as do many people). Therefore, I doubt they would count it against you.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally posted by bross
    I know that UB does not require you to take the GRE, but it is encouraged. besides, with everything else, you should not have a problem getting in as long as you can meet the minimum at other schools (combined 1000 on the math and verbal is typical).

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 21 Nov 2012, 2:51 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 12 May 2011, 9:22 AM
  3. NYC School requirements
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Oct 2009, 1:19 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Sep 2009, 1:57 PM