Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Confession is good for the soul.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Confession is good for the soul.

Spill it. You have to come clean or your soul will burn in hell!

I'll go first. After cussing the X10 camera pop-up ads on almost every web site ever made and thinking only pervs bought one - I just got mine. Not for any pervy activities though. (yeah right you say) No, I bought mine out of laziness. Now when someone rings the door, I can flash the TV over to that channel and see who it is.

Confession is why us who were raised Catholic are so well adjusted. :p

Registered
    Aug 2001

I cant confess yet

The statute of limitations has not expired.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I work for a non profit that coordinates litter cleanups, sponsors recycling events and educates people about solid waste issues.... AND I DON"T RECYCLE AT HOME. At least not until there is curbside pickup.

I think that light rail advoactes in Milwaukee are idiots!

How's that for a confession!
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001

Forgive me Father..

I've taken the Lord's name in vain.. God, I don't know how many times. I say the "s" word so much it'd blow your f*&%($* mind. And I hit my sister, but the biotch deserved it!

Oh, and I made my ex-roomate/ex-friend go out of her way to send me a box of stuff with no intentions to ever pick it up/pay for it (sent COD).... twice.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I only joined the fantasy football league to impress a certain guy.....it worked.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Planderella
    I only joined the fantasy football league to impress a certain guy.....it worked.
    I took ballroom dance in college in order to get the chance to date a certain attractive young woman. It worked.

I can't risk going back to South Dakota. Something about the U.S. Marshalls and an arrest warrant. Damn, I probably shouldn't have said that. Now they'll track me down to my Wisconsin compound - er, home, I mean.

My sister received a warning for obstructing the law for something that I said. (I have apologised profusely, but Dad doesn't know it was my fault)

PS (almost forgot) I started aiuchi jui-jitsu at Keele university so that I could do groundwork with several very fit and very attractive lads despite their..um..dating status.
    Glorious Technicolor, Breath-Taking CinemaScope and Stereophonic Sound!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    My senior year of college I dated a guy for 4 months because I was too drunk when he asked me to be "mutually exclusive" to say "Hell No". And then cheated on him, at least 3 times that I can remember before breaking up with him, two seconds after he presented me with a stuffed dog that he had HAND SEWED for me. And then he tried to kill himself (but didn't succeed) and after "the incident", each of us were only allowed to frequent the town's bars at wholly separate hours from the other.

That's possibly the worst thing I've ever done. But (and this in NO WAY rationalizes my behaviour) I really was a horrible drunk - The female version of the Simpson's Barney.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by KMateja
    My senior year of college I dated a guy for 4 months because I was too drunk when he asked me to be "mutually exclusive" to say "Hell No". And then cheated on him, at least 3 times that I can remember before breaking up with him, two seconds after he presented me with a stuffed dog that he had HAND SEWED for me. And then he tried to kill himself (but didn't succeed) and after "the incident", each of us were only allowed to frequent the town's bars at wholly separate hours from the other.

That's possibly the worst thing I've ever done. But (and this in NO WAY rationalizes my behaviour) I really was a horrible drunk - The female version of the Simpson's Barney.
    Perchance, did he have a paper boy chasing him for $2??

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by bturk

Perchance, did he have a paper boy chasing him for $2??
    Oh man! I'm Beth! Hee. No. But one of my friends was college roommates with the "$2 paperboy" at USC!!!

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by KMateja

Well that just about puts everyone else's sins into perspective, doesn't it? :p
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

It all worked out in the end...

At my first planning job, I secretly dated my boss's daughter for half a year.

We got married in August.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Thanks, Planderella. But at least I recycle! (Kidding, KMS!)

I confess to severely slacking on the job and posting inappropriate things on this forum. How's that for brutally honest?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by mugbub1
    I confess to severely slacking on the job and posting inappropriate things on this forum. How's that for brutally honest?
    Ditto.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by mugbub1
    hee. i imagine that is most all cyburbanites!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Confession time, Part II
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 463
    Last post: 03 Nov 2014, 10:24 AM
  2. Cities with soul
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 01 Apr 2009, 12:24 AM
  3. Confession Time, Part III
    Friday Afternoon Club