Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Which dyke stereotype are you?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Which dyke stereotype are you?

There's some outrageous quizzes that are popping up online. Today, I was directed to http://www.androgirl.com/dyke.html .

I'm a "Typical, Predictable Dyke"

All it takes is one look, and everyone knows you're "family." You've got the hair, the clothes, and the attitude. More than likely, you like Ani DiFranco or the Indigo Girls, and you've probably been to a pride march or two. You're a card-carrying dyke, and you like it that way.

Your closest cousins in the "family" are Activist Dyke and Sports Dyke.

That's about right .... considering that I'm a typical, predictable straight male.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2000
    This was me - but a lot of the questions I found hard to answer.

You are No One Knows I'm a Dyke
    You don't conform to any particular stereotype and you don't give off a queer vibe, so many dykes are unaware you're on their team. While being mistaken for a straight chick has its downfalls, you're doing your own thing, dressing and acting as you please, and you like it that way. You might also identify as a femme dyke.

Your closest cousins in the "family" are Ambiguously Bisexual Dyke and Intellectual Dyke.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by KMateja
    This was me - but a lot of the questions I found hard to answer.

You are No One Knows I'm a Dyke
    You don't conform to any particular stereotype and you don't give off a queer vibe, so many dykes are unaware you're on their team. While being mistaken for a straight chick has its downfalls, you're doing your own thing, dressing and acting as you please, and you like it that way. You might also identify as a femme dyke.

Your closest cousins in the "family" are Ambiguously Bisexual Dyke and Intellectual Dyke.
    I was the same.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Aug 2001

I am Big Bad Dyke!

"Your big brown boots say it all -- don't mess with this dyke. It's not just about being butch (although there's a good chance you classify yourself as such). It's about having that "don't look at me the wrong way" attitude. You may seem unfriendly at first, but that's just because the world has been unfriendly to you. People who get to know you realize that you're not as big and bad as you seem.

Your closest cousins in the "family" are Classic 80s Dyke and Scary Punk Dyke. "

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. How do you fit a stereotype
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 39
    Last post: 08 Oct 2010, 6:24 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last post: 15 Sep 2004, 11:25 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last post: 21 Mar 2003, 4:34 PM