Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: How many public meetings?

Registered
    Aug 2001

How many public meetings?

I am in the process of planning a County Facility that will be placed just outside of town. We have assurarnces it will be annexed so I don't believe that will be a problem.

We are currently have some offices in a historic downtown; Courthouse, tax office, county records, juvenile etc. We also have offices three miles away in an old walmart; DA, Public Works, adult probation etc. A facility committee has met for the past three months, at least twice a month all of these meetings posted and notice given in the local papers. They have presented twice to the COmmissioners Court.

The location is currently rural with roughtly 6000 lots planned in the next five years with very little retail or commercial. The location is just 2.5 miles for the current courthouse. WE plan to have a planned development with mixed use, office, commercial, retail, parks, etc. I know at some point the public will say we planned this without them.

I guess to make a long story short, how do you know when enough notice is enough?

Thanks

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by poncho
    I am in the process of planning a County Facility that will be placed just outside of town. We have assurarnces it will be annexed so I don't believe that will be a problem.

We are currently have some offices in a historic downtown; Courthouse, tax office, county records, juvenile etc. We also have offices three miles away in an old walmart; DA, Public Works, adult probation etc. A facility committee has met for the past three months, at least twice a month all of these meetings posted and notice given in the local papers. They have presented twice to the COmmissioners Court.

The location is currently rural with roughtly 6000 lots planned in the next five years with very little retail or commercial. The location is just 2.5 miles for the current courthouse. WE plan to have a planned development with mixed use, office, commercial, retail, parks, etc. I know at some point the public will say we planned this without them.

I guess to make a long story short, how do you know when enough notice is enough?

Thanks
    /\ Ensure that you have adhered to the public notification requirements as estblished by State law. It sounds like you have done your due diligence in regards to properly notifying the public.

Be cognizant of the fact that there will always be people who will claim that they weren't notified, didn't receive anything in the mail, etc, etc.
    "First we shape our buildings, and then our buildings start shaping us." - Sir Winston Churchill

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

uh, well

when you just can't take it anymore, you should be all set -

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 31
    Last post: 17 Apr 2009, 6:22 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 22 Feb 2006, 11:39 AM
  3. Replies: 7