Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Local code enforcement

Registered
    Oct 2005

Local code enforcement

I am looking for some enforcement or education options concerning the zoning and city code enforcement. We are undergoing some changes in the courts and are looking for some innovative alternatives to court proceedings for such issues as inoperable vehicles, grass-cutting, debris maintenance, and other issues. Anyone have any suggestions from experience?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Burglecut
    I am looking for some enforcement or education options concerning the zoning and city code enforcement. We are undergoing some changes in the courts and are looking for some innovative alternatives to court proceedings for such issues as inoperable vehicles, grass-cutting, debris maintenance, and other issues. Anyone have any suggestions from experience?
    With tall grass and weeds, we send a notice stating that after 10 days if it is not corrected, we will have a city contracted mower go out and mow the property and charge a per square foot cost, plus a $200 administrative fee. If they donít pay, we attach it as a lean on the property.

I have also heard of cases where inoperable vehicles and parking violations are impounded after a time period listed on a notice as well as a refuse removal company going in and removed the junk and debris, then billing the owner plus an administrative fee.

Work with your local city attorney to better understand the options that are available to you based on what state you live in.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Code enforcement vs. planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 29 May 2007, 5:53 PM
  2. Code enforcement
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 02 Jun 2005, 8:37 AM
  3. Code Enforcement