Urban planning community

Poll results: Tel Aviv is a smoldering radioactive crater and we KNOW that Iran provided the bomb.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • We seek a UN resolution condeming the act.

1 3.45%
  • We seek a UN resolution condeming the imperial US foreign policy that casued the strike.

1 3.45%
  • We nuke every city in Iran - twice.

6 20.69%
  • We nuke Meca, Medina and Terhan

1 3.45%
  • We do nothing as what is left of Israel will soon commence killing hundreds of millions of moslems in the next two weeks

11 37.93%
  • President Franken Surrenders.

0 0%
  • We seek dialog with the Iranians and seek to understand their pain.

0 0%
  • We invest in potasium iodine futures like Cavuto suggested.

1 3.45%
  • Ain't our problem.

4 13.79%
  • Something completely different.

4 13.79%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scenario - Iran nukes Israel

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    This is the kind of dumb argument I reference in other threads tonight. Seriously? Is this the best you can do?
    Sorry. Too subtle. However the point stands. A lot depends on what you have in your arsenal of international support, preparation, and intelligence.

In the best scenario, you would have taken such warnings to heart and marshaled world support to such an extent that the attack did not happen. For example, the U.S. is a leader in world cooperation on non proliferation to the extent that the nuclear materials were not available.

Equally good, the intelligence was sufficient to stop the attack before it occurred.

In the event of the attack, a multi-national force to occupy Iran. War crimes trials for those who are directly responsible. Still, it would be better if there had not been an attack under your poll scenario, wouldn't it.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Israel has long (for 20 years or so) been able to do what they want in the middle east with relative impunity because everyone knows they have the nukes. This is perhaps the most significant reason why middle eastern states seek nuclear capabilities. It is in our interest to preserve Israels nuclear advantage.
    Let's not re-write history here. And without debating the entire Arab-Isreali conflict, recall Israel was invaded by Arab armies the day it was established by the UN in 1948. (its ok to check my facts, as I am trying to make a point). It has endured at least two other invasions (I would call the preemptive 6 day war an almost invasion) including the 1973 war.

So that's the modern history that led to Israel and nuclear weapons. It was plank policy of the PLO to eradicate Israel from the face of the earth.

And I am not dismissing any treatment of the palestinean question, though its pretty clear to me who is the the right side there.

But to suggest the Isrealis got nuclear weapons to be a bully is misinformation.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Iran won't nuke Israel for the simple reason that they could harm friendly nations like Syria or Jordan, besides that they would like to have Palestinians instead of Israelis in that place and the possibility to make that a poisoned land wouldn't be a nice prospect.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Israel/Lebanon Conflict
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 39
    Last post: 14 Nov 2012, 3:50 PM
  2. Iran
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 19 Nov 2004, 7:44 PM
  3. Iraqi Nukes found?!