Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Netflix, Anyone?

Registered
    Oct 2000

Netflix, Anyone?

I heard about Netflix , the online DVD rental business, where you pay a monthly charge and can have 3 movies out at a time. Does anyone have any experience with this? Opinions, please.

Registered
    Aug 2001

go for it

I have a bunch of friends that subscribe to it, and our GIS Coordinator swears by it - it's a great deal if you watch a lot of movies, since you can keep them as long as you want (i.e. no late charges) and you can set your queue to be quite lengthy.

They also have a lot of obscure things that Blockbuster wouldn't necessarily carry.

I've never heard a bad thing about it!

Moving at my own pace....... Planderella's avatar
    Registered
    Dec 1998
    My hairdresser swears by this but I don't have the discipline to rent movies.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2000
    With winter coming up soon, our social calendar slows right down, we heard about this and were like "ooh.... this could be just what we're looking for!"

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I had it, but cancelled after 3 months. You can only take out 3 movies at a time unless you get the premium memberships. It worked out that if you watched the movies on the weekend and returned them in the mail on Monday you wouldn't get your next 3 movies until the following week. So you went a weekend without movies.

I wasn't too happy with it. I ended up getting like maybe 9 movies a month, and they are shipped and returned in just paper envelopes, no DVD case. So half the time the movie was too scratched to watch.

I wouldn't recommend unless you really want the obscure stuff, because the New Releases are usually backordered.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 09 Sep 2011, 3:50 PM