Hi from Barrow where we lose the sun on Nov. 18 for over two months.
Fall is here!

Fall also means the World Series. It was great to see the Chicago White Sox
win the World Series for the first time since 1917.
Back then they had the star hitter and fielder Shoeless Joe Jackson, who had such an excellent swing, that Babe Ruth copied it.

But Shoeless Joe was thrown out of baseball after being charged with taking money from gamblers and helping to lose the 1919 World Series. He did get $5,000 but then tried to give it back, but no one would take it.
He was later found innocent by a jury.
He hit well over .300 in the series and had no errors in the field. He testified that he played to win at all times out in the field, and there is no evidence to the contrary.
Notables such as the late Ted Williams petitioned Commissioner Selig to review Joe's case and reinstate him in baseball so he can get to the Hall of Fame.

There are players of all kinds of personal character in the Hall of Fame, inc. the racist Ty Cobb who went into the stands and punched out some fans who criticized him. But no Joe.

There are many more serious concerns in our world right now, but I know there are also many planners who are avid baseball fans. Personally I hope to see Joe in the Hall of Fame before I pass on to that Wrigley Field up in the sky.
Thanks for listening.
Earl