Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: UPenn Open House

Registered
    Apr 2005

UPenn Open House

Did anyone else make it to U Penn for the open house yesterday? I found it to be pretty informative, although the financies are going to be a huge burden if I do end up attending the program.

Peter

Registered
    Nov 2005

No, but...

didn't go to the UPenn open house, but i'll be at the MIT one in a couple weeks. i'll give a report thereafter. i know lots of people are interested in that school.

Registered
    Apr 2005

Open House at UPenn

The open house was a good experience. From what it sounds like, UPenn offers admission to students that have 1) a GPA over 3.0 for undergrad, 2) a GRE score over the 550 range for Verbal and 600 for Quantitaive, 3) a strong personal statement, and 4) good recommendations.

I would think that the application process is pretty competititve, but the funding will be varied. The tuition at Penn is 30k, while the cost of living in Philly for the year is estimated at 20K. So, expect to take out loans if you do not get a Research Assistant position.

I personally was really impressed by the City Planning department. A good number of the professors were attending the sessions, and the facilities are very strong. So, I'll be getting my application ready for January.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 12 Apr 2010, 8:40 PM
  2. UNC open house
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 02 Apr 2008, 1:10 PM
  3. USC open house
    Student Commons
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 30 Mar 2008, 7:53 PM