Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Buenos Aires

Registered
    Feb 2003

Buenos Aires

I have the immense fortune of travelling to Buenos Aires for the first time. I will be attending a wedding, but will also take a few days to do some sight seeing. Guidebooks are wonderful, but I wanted to know what someone who lives there or has worked in BA can recommend from the "urban planning perspective". Any exceptionally designed areas? What about transit? Any great neighborhoods I can "borrow" design cues from? Anything I shouldn't miss out on?

Luis

Registered
    Mar 2004

No idea....

Never been and may not be able to in my life time, but have fun and say hello to Eva Perone...... I would go look at Acancagua(spelling) that big mountain out west......but that's just me....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    Never been and may not be able to in my life time, but have fun and say hello to Eva Perone...... I would go look at Acancagua(spelling) that big mountain out west......but that's just me....
    I don't think I'll be doing much travelling outside of BA, but I will be taking LOTS of pictures. I'll post the cool ones here
    Oh, and never say never!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Cool

I'd love to see some photo's of the local architecture and streets.....if you see anything that might be useful for pedestrian access or crossings, snap a photo...
    Skilled Adoxographer

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Wonderful Buenos Aires!
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Mar 2004, 4:39 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last post: 13 Aug 2003, 11:52 PM