Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP exam assistance...

Registered
    Nov 2004

AICP exam assistance...

Well, in a little over two weeks I will be taking the measuring stick for all legitimate planners , the AICP exam. I've been studying for a while. Got a question for anyone that might actually know.

We need to know the Planning Code of Ethics, but they were revised in June. Will the November test reflect the new code of the ethics or the old one?

I guess the main question is... does the test change much between the spring and fall?

Thanks.

Moderator note:
    Moved to Make No Small Plans Forum. nerudite
    Last edited by nerudite; 05 Nov 2005 at 8:51 PM.
    Every time I look at a Yankees hat I see a swastika tilted just a little off kilter.
    Bill "Spaceman" Lee

Registered
    Aug 2005

Ethics Section

I'm taking the exam in Nov., too. I've been told that the old ethics is on the exam not the new stuff although the differences are apparently very slight.

Mark

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    I take the test on the 17th. I've been using the ethics posted on the apa website to study. I figure that the code of ethics can't change all that much, so as long as I get the "jist" of it, I'll be ok on that portion.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Hi, I took the exam yesterday (and passed! woo hooo!) The ethics questions were pretty much testing your general knowledge on ehtics. To be techinal, I don't think they pulled any questions from the new version. The ehtics questions were pretty general - what would you do, what is a conflict of interest, etc. Good luck to you!!

As you can see, I can't even spell ethics correctly (see above)
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 08 Nov 2005 at 3:42 PM.

Aicp

Study the new ethics material....although I don't think it will make a substantial difference in your score.....keep with the "Green Book". The "conflict of interest" section is key on the APA website.

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Took the test today and passed with a 65. After the test, I realized that studying really didn't help that much. I'm glad I did, but I don't think it affected my score much. There were relatively few direct fact questions. And some of the direct questions were very detailed, needing more information than I had studied.
    Every time I look at a Yankees hat I see a swastika tilted just a little off kilter.
    Bill "Spaceman" Lee

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 19 May 2015, 8:45 AM
  2. AICP exam 2013
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 68
    Last post: 10 Nov 2014, 8:25 AM
  3. AICP exam application help
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4