Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: North Division Regular Season Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries

North Division Regular Season Trash Talk Thread

Heating up my match up this week by matching TinyCats' 29 or so points with my 1.something...

Nippin'
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I'm in about as good a position as I could have hoped for after the first game (41+ points from Dillon, Branch, Watson, & Vinatieri)....now I've got to hope Mastiff's all-star team lays an egg on Sunday & Monday.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 09 Sep 2005 at 12:47 PM.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    Heating up my match up this week by matching TinyCats' 29 or so points with my 1.something...
    There's a lot of football left. Never underestimate any team that has Peyton.

I had to make the decision of whether to start Kerry Collins against the Patriots or Drew Brees. I figured Randy should have a big game in his first game as a Raider... It was looking like a bad decision for awhile, but it turned out okay.

Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    I'm in about as good a position as I could have hoped for after the first game (41+ points from Dillon, Branch, Watson, & Vinatieri)....now I've got to hope Mastiff's all-star team lays an egg on Sunday & Monday.
    After I got a look at your team, I've mentally renamed you the Concord Patriots Still, 41+ points is a pretty good start with points from your TE and K.

Off-topic:
    I have C Dillon in my serious money league and when I wrestled the remote from Mrs. G for two minutes last night to check the game he had about 11 yards and he didn't finish with enough to make points (other than the TD) in that league. Here's hoping that Rudi Johnson does a lot better.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Well.....going into Monday Night, I have a 34.24 point lead on the vaunted Wildfires. Hope McNabb and TO have quiet nights.

Guess that FA pickup of Willie Parker paid off. 16.95 points for Staley and Bettis' backup. Either donk (Bettis owner) or Zman (Staley owner) interested in a trade?
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Well.....going into Monday Night, I have a 34.24 point lead on the vaunted Wildfires. Hope McNabb and TO have quiet nights.

Guess that FA pickup of Willie Parker paid off. 16.95 points for Staley and Bettis' backup. Either donk (Bettis owner) or Zman (Staley owner) interested in a trade?
    I might be interested. PM me some terms...

EDIT: Z Man!!! Quit messin with your team... patience my friend...
    Last edited by zman; 12 Sep 2005 at 10:46 AM.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Oct 2001

He'll throw 2 TD's to TO in the first quarter... then an INT with time running out for me to lose by 0.8 or something.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I'm #1! I'm #1!

Bet it won't last past this weekend though...unless the Wildfires lay another egg in week 2

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    I'm #1! I'm #1!

Bet it won't last past this weekend though...unless the Wildfires lay another egg in week 2
    I think the Wildfires may just rebound this week, since Philly is playing San Fran....big numbers I see for McNabb and TO.....

My matchup with the Psychos is the only matchup of teams that both won in week 1....should be interesting.....

My matchup with the Psychos is the only matchup of teams that both won in week 1....should be interesting.....
    I am sure you're trembling from my offensive prowess of -- drum roll -- 91 points!

EDIT: bad news for the owner of Javon Walker, WR Green Bay -- he's gone for the season after blowing out his knee against Detroit.
    Last edited by Gedunker; 13 Sep 2005 at 2:37 PM. Reason: Javon Walker out for the season
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    From the Draft Trash Talk Thread....

<snicker> Dunker has 2 Kickers? <snicker>
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    There's this little thing called a bye week .... And these other things called injuries
    I stand corrected. Looks like my kicker may be out this week b/c of a hamstring injury.

-Peart

I stand corrected. Looks like my kicker may be out this week b/c of a hamstring injury.
    You are learning, grasshopper.
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Maybe I should pick up gus ferotte? We now know that culpepper was only as good as his best receiver.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Despite a horrible week from my Patriot players, just about everyone else scored big for me this week. 2-0 sounds good....but then again, I started 2-0 last year and didn't make the playoffs.....

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    Mastiff only scored 166 with his QB throwing 5 TDs, pathetic
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I doubt mastiff will even make the playoffs. He'll have to do better than .500 if he wants to go all the way.......

The view from the top is awfully nice -- feels like two years ago when I had a wire-to-wire thing going until someone (can't remember who) eeked out a win against me in CFFL Super Bowl II. My loss in CFFL SB III (by freakin .05 points or something like that) was almost as painful........

Speaking of the CFFL Super Bowls, who won the first year?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Help Guys... it's the Pelicans... you know... downstairs in the basement...

Please, could you help... my water dish is empty!

Registered
    Sep 2001

Back Bacon Bowl - Round 1

This week marks the first week of the back bacon bowl, who will win? The lack luster Roughriders or the Tiny Cats? What is the wager this year? With 3 teams in the running for the coveted lard bucket what should the winner get, or more properly what should the losers pay? Figure easiest way to figure this out is by total points in the head to head matches. Unless of course 1 team sweeps the games, then that team deserves the title of head hoser of the league.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by donk
    This week marks the first week of the back bacon bowl, who will win? The lack luster Roughriders or the Tiny Cats? What is the wager this year? With 3 teams in the running for the coveted lard bucket what should the winner get, or more properly what should the losers pay? Figure easiest way to figure this out is by total points in the head to head matches. Unless of course 1 team sweeps the games, then that team deserves the title of head hoser of the league.
    Can I get gravy on that lard?

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by plankton
    Speaking of the CFFL Super Bowls, who won the first year?
    Repo Man's Unexplained Bacon won the CFFL Super Bowl I over the Glomers 161.83 to 148.77

Registered
    Apr 1996
    The Argo's have to be kicking themselves for not playing Brady this week.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    The Argo's have to be kicking themselves for not playing Brady this week.
    Yeah, the Brady/Givens tandem would have been a much better play than Brooks/Stallworth. Gotta stop listening to the "experts".

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Yeah, the Brady/Givens tandem would have been a much better play than Brooks/Stallworth. Gotta stop listening to the "experts".
    I guess I should be thanking "the experts" today then.

And hope Gonzo puts up enough points to offset Lelie....

Registered
    Mar 2004

Yeah.....

Ah sorry to jump threads on trash talk.....ah no I'm not.....but anyway, it looks like the Saints are the Ain'ts AGAIN!!! Brooks/Stallworth Messed me OVER!!!!
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Deeper than the basement... now we're going for the record of a non-winning season...

Even if Peyton decides to play...

-Peart

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 68
    Last post: 24 Dec 2007, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 157
    Last post: 22 Dec 2006, 2:16 AM
  3. Replies: 60
    Last post: 29 Dec 2005, 8:10 AM
  4. Replies: 87
    Last post: 31 Aug 2005, 2:59 PM