6 85.71%
  • Other - please explain

1 14.29%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Injury Question - Priest Holmes

Registered
    Sep 2001

Injury Question - Priest Holmes

Here is teh question, since Holmes is out for teh seasaon, but may return next year, and I may want to keep him, how do we deal with it. Do I have to "keep" him on my team all season or as he listed as IR can I drop him, and will he be "protected" for me and next year?

What say you?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 1998
    If you want him you have to keep him on your team, unless you can trade him for some good draft picks. That frees up your roster, and lets you pick someone else if he doesn't go next year.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by giff57
    If you want him you have to keep him on your team, unless you can trade him for some good draft picks. That frees up your roster, and lets you pick someone else if he doesn't go next year.
    I agree. Has to be on the roster at the end of the season to be eligible as a keeper.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

I think teams ought to be able to keep an IR player with the caveat that the replacement player may not be a keeper.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Sorry, but even though this is fantasy football, it's still football and injuries are all part of it. I'd suggest holding onto him until we have to announce our three keepers and then go for him in the first round of next year's draft -- you'll probably get him....although......I expect that it will be a moot point once LJ posts 100+ yards in the next 7 games and is the undeniable starter next year.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. All things Sherlock Holmes
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 22 Feb 2013, 2:22 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 06 Aug 2010, 12:05 PM
  3. Confide with me (I'm not a priest)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 86
    Last post: 12 Oct 2007, 10:48 AM