Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Clinton’s Third Term

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow

Clinton’s Third Term

I read an article called Clinton’s Third Term yesterday. The more I read, the more impressed with how much the guy was able to accomplish as an influential American, as opposed to a political figure. What is even more astonishing is how well he works with George H. Bush.The article also said that he has been able to accomplish more since he left, than he did during each of his two terms.

Since he has dropped his political agenda and improved his ethical choices, I am impressed much of what he is doing now. I do think that if his wife runs, he will go back to the political agenda, and I will loose all respect for him.

What do you think if Clinton since he left office?
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    You could probably put President Carter in the same comment/question. He has been allowed to accomplish much more after leaving 1600 Penn Ave than he was able to while there. Both men have been able to focus and accomplish more since they are not constantly defending attacks.
    One of our previous threads dealt with political parties where I said I think that maybe a No Party System would be a better approach by stripping labels off and looking more at issues and responses to them.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I read the same article in Esquire. I think Clinton is well using his power and celebrity to get good things done and to raise money for good causes. I am impressed.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    I wonder of the political agenda inhibits ones personal goals.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    I wonder of the political agenda inhibits ones personal goals.
    Of course it does. Political agendas are rarely "ones" goals, rather a collaboration. Often decisions are made for the politician by others, when that pressure is gone and you have no one to "represent or political promises" it is so much easier to do what you believe in wholeheartedly.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Clinton, G H Bush and Carter have all accomplished their major goal, now they are doing the right thing.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Term Limits
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 9:55 PM
  2. Hillary Clinton Pregnant?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 25
    Last post: 08 Jan 2008, 12:02 PM
  3. Health by Hillary AKA Clinton Care.
    Friday Afternoon Club