Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Japanese Princess to marry Urban Planner. (Family dissapointed, wanted plumber)

Registered
    Nov 2004

Japanese Princess to marry Urban Planner. (Family dissapointed, wanted plumber)

Well Ladies and Gentlemen see the following, and then reflect on your mother and fathers advice never to marry beneath yourself. I would say that this Urban Planners woebegone parents are furious at this mismatched marriage. I mean, what can she bring to this couple? He is able to plan, design, save whole sections of society (as well as condemning them, but we'll leave that out for now). She can fold paper neatly, birdwatch and dance.

Although should she inherit the imperial palace, they could have a serious crack at urban designing it into the city fabric. Tear down those walls, create some permeability, 20% set aside for social and affordable housing etc.

TOKYO (Reuters) - It's a fairytale in reverse.

Her Imperial Highness Princess Sayako of Japan, scion of one of the world's oldest monarchies, will marry her commoner fianc on November 15, becoming plain Mrs Sayako Kuroda.

Marriage to Yoshiki Kuroda, a Tokyo urban planner, means the only daughter of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko must leave the sequestered environment of the Imperial family for a new life as a housewife

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051107/...japan_princess

Registered
    May 2003

Urban Planner marries WAY up

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/nation...ess051115.html

The wedding of the former princess Sayako and Tokyo urban planner Yoshiki Kuroda marks the first time an emperor's daughter has married a commoner.
    Not only did he nag himself an emperess, he nagged one who had to renounce her title to marry him.

So Dan and all others who've suggested that urban planners can't attract high-class women, the gauntlet has been cast down, can you answer?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Well, it does work the other way around too. Queen Noor was a planner before becoming Queen of Jordan.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm a goddess dating a planner; does that count better than being an empress?

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I'm a goddess dating a planner; does that count better than being an empress?
    Yo goddess/empress, you're not just dating any ol' fly-by-night planner. Business card says I'm da manager; that's akin to royalty (unless this situation drags me down a peg or two ).

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Miles ahead of you.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22285

I wonder how they met (sustainable habitats for birdwatching conference?), and does the emperor have many more saucy daughters dying to meet experts on the built environment.

Moderator note:
    threads merged
    Last edited by Tranplanner; 16 Nov 2005 at 8:29 AM.

I keep telling the actuary I married that I am a trophy husband. Now will somebody believe me?

Registered
    Jul 2002

trophy

I married a witch. Does that count? Guess not. The flying monkeys at the wedding should have tipped me off.
    WALSTIB

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 33
    Last post: 28 Sep 2010, 6:51 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last post: 13 Jan 2010, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last post: 11 Dec 2006, 2:57 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Sep 2006, 1:05 PM
  5. Replies: 19